Tell me about Ariel...

Hercegovac

Ephesians 13:12 Hebrews 13:2
@Brown
Reaction score
Did he get where he is by merit, or was it a connection thing based on his background or who he knew?

What I mean by backround: is it a Seinfeld example, you know where the people who hold power hire only those people that are of same background.

I'd fack the chit out of her if there was a way to spread that fish lower half thing HNNNGGG

Her dad was kinda mean about going to the surface, and, based on the company she kept, she probably had crabs.

I don't think this had anything to do with the fact he was jew, if that is what you are asking.
He was a journalist who knew the fighters and knew the people at Zuffa.
As he was popular, he got more interviews. As he got more interviews, he got more of the scoop, which made him more popular... and it snowballed the way it did.
Now the sport got the attention of true reporters, and AH burned his bridges... that's why he is where he is now.

Many of those early MMA youtube reporters got pretty good jobs out of it, Karyn Bryant and Ariel Helwani being the big ones I guess. I think early MMA reporting relied a lot on these smaller outlets to do it for them.

Dana gave Ariel a pretty big exclusive when he was the first to report on Zuffa buying out Strikeforce. Funny thinking about that now, considering the current state of affairs. Lol.

He started covering a sport that was in it's infancy and barely got any coverage. And when most other reporters repeated what each other said, he asked very thoughtful and candid questions. I'm sure he had some favors come his way but also paid his dues. What incentive was there to be a MMA reporter 10-15 years ago.

Ariel basically started reporting on MMA in his early 20's from his kitchen table and worked his way up to get where he is.

I think he just got in on the ground floor. He started covering MMA/UFC before mainstream journalists were and in turn became friendly with a lot of he people involved, fighters and such.

Much like early UFC fighters, while they may not be the best, but they were “originals” who’s names carry a certain amount of respect.

Or I’m just talking out my ass. I don’t know anything about this guy.

My favorite Ariel:
CtIamLIUMAApkba.jpg

He always sucked. Only one worse related to MMA in any capacity is Mauro or Glazer.

Started doing independent mma journalism in 06, was with mmarated early on, doing interviews in all shows except Pride. A lot of people liked his interviews so he grew from there to Fox and to mmafighting. He's where he's at because he was a better interviewer than Steve Cofield or Mike Straka, his competition back then.

I think he just got in on the ground floor. He started covering MMA/UFC before mainstream journalists were and in turn became friendly with a lot of he people involved, fighters and such.

Much like early UFC fighters, while they may not be the best, but they were “originals” who’s names carry a certain amount of respect.

Or I’m just talking out my ass. I don’t know anything about this guy.

My favorite Ariel:
CtIamLIUMAApkba.jpg

Really? No fishtail?

Hmm.. I don't think so. Dana and and many fighters personally hate him.

I think he has been banned or is banned from attending UFC events. So being Jewish hasn't given him any special treatment, maybe that is partially why Dana doesn't like him.

Then again UFC is now run by Jewish boses from WME instead of mafia linked Italians

I don't think you can deny Ariel got there on merit. Sure, some doors were opened, but the guy developed some pretty solid contacts within the industry.

The UFC has tried to shut him down, and despite this fact, Ariel still gets an all-star line-up every Monday on his podcast. I can't think of any competitor that consistently gets the access to talent that Helwani does, and it would appear he fostered those relationships on his own. Sure, the fact he has a huge audience drives a lot of that influence, but I don't think he would have had that audience, had he not spent time developing contacts within the industry. The strength of those contacts has been tested over the past year, and seem pretty rock solid, so I think it is fair to give Ariel props on merit.

Back