Ufc fighters not A level athletes

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I see a lot of members bashing UFC fighters. My question is if UFC is easy money for a level athletes(boxers) why don't they just come and take that money. GGG the flat footed punching machine would steamroll anybody that the UFC could put in front of him, right? Or wrong?? I think the UFC could pay him plenty of money, being that all he has made is the scraps from big stars like Canelo!

He would be on his back in under 60 seconds.

Watch Randy Couture vs. Toney for a refresh.

Athleticism is pretty pointless if you don't have the skillset to defend a takedown.

Same reason Conor got obliterated in a boxing match.

Why would GGG take a paycut to fight in the UFC? The reason he isn't high paid in boxing is because he's not a big draw, not being a big draw in the UFC isn't going to make him a huge payday.

I agree, they are not A level athlete because the filtering process is fucking bullshit and by that I mean non existent...

In football, Basketball and Hockey, you have kids start from middle school with emphasis on physical training, which means you go through years of plyometric training as well as other types of agility and self resistance as well as strength and speed training.

In MMA, people start late in life and that, they don't take the time to truly immerse themselves in physical training methods. Thus they don't get to develop jumping and explosive ability of a person who has practiced plyometric. Not just any person but a person who has already proved themselves to be superior in terms of talent and genetics with years of training.

Also true with boxing, boxers focus on athletic ability and they go through a structured physical regimen to develop their pinnacle of their physical potential as oppose to MMAs...Let me bang bro!

P.S: I used to train in boxing and muay thai, had to drop the latter because getting kicked in the shin was fucking up my ability to do my boxing footwork and plyometrics big time and thus, some combat sports end up making you goddamn disabled if the trainer doesnt understand athletic training and the world of physical culture.

Hence this is why its important to train like Stephen Thompson whos father taught him a kickboxing style that's based on developing proper flexibility and technique as oppose to being some stand up brawler.

Athleticism is pretty pointless if you don't have the skillset to defend a takedown.

I guarantee this will be the most accurate and lucid reply in this thread.....

Now let's see if it goes unnoticed under a shitheap of post about various sherdoggers who've beem raised on the modern day sports cuck zeitgeist
And which of their favorite hurr derr A+++++ AFLEET!!! Would be champ with two weeks training from seagal
<{cruzshake}>

I agree, they are not A level athlete because the filtering process is fucking bullshit and by that I mean non existent...

In football, Basketball and Hockey, you have kids start from middle school with emphasis on physical training, which means you go through years of plyometric training as well as other types of agility and self resistance as well as strength and speed training.

In MMA, people start late in life and that, they don't take the time to truly immerse themselves in physical training methods. Thus they don't get to develop jumping and explosive ability of a person who has practiced plyometric. Not just any person but a person who has already proved themselves to be superior in terms of talent and genetics with years of training.

Also true with boxing, boxers focus on athletic ability and they go through a structured physical regimen to develop their pinnacle of their physical potential as oppose to MMAs...Let me bang bro!

P.S: I used to train in boxing and muay thai, had to drop the latter because getting kicked in the shin was fucking up my ability to do my boxing footwork and plyometrics big time and thus, some combat sports end up making you goddamn disabled if the trainer doesnt understand athletic training and the world of physical culture.

Hence this is why its important to train like Stephen Thompson whos father taught him a kickboxing style that's based on developing proper flexibility and technique as oppose to being some stand up brawler.

A lot of MMA fighters have been wrestling for a long time.

And wrestlers were always the toughest, hardest working athletes we had growing up.

In a sport that relies solely on yourself when you compete, it's takes incredible mental, and physical toughness to go far.

He would be on his back in under 60 seconds.

Watch Randy Couture vs. Toney for a refresh.

GGG would dominate.
Watch Ray Mercer vs. Tim Sylvia for a refresh.

And wrestlers were always the toughest, hardest working athletes we had growing up.

In a sport that relies solely on yourself when you compete, it's relies on incredible mental, and physical toughness to go far.

That is true, but the thing is, in totality, there are lots of goofy ass MMA fighter who do it for the sake of being a daredevil as oppose to being disciplined athletes who have the ability and persistence of sticking to a physical regiment for long term and seeing themselves become successful.

In a sport that relies solely on yourself when you compete, it's takes incredible mental, and physical toughness to go far.

Well maybe 2nd toughest since their exercise punishment was to go run...Cross country kids are far tougher and mentally fit.

GGG would dominate.
Watch Ray Mercer vs. Tim Sylvia for a refresh.

Somehow I knew some fool would bring this fight up....

A) Sylvia was dumb enough to stand with a boxer

B) There are rumors Sylvia threw the fight

C) Randy's fight IQ was far superior to Sylvia's (he did beat him after all)

The point being while every fight starts standing, any MMA fighter with at least middling takedowns and the ability to throw a few leg kicks is going to win. Sylvia was under the mistaken impression that he could win a boxing match in an MMA fight.

You have to be able to wrestle. You'll inevitably face someone who's been wrestling since they could stand. If you can't wrestle you could be the greatest striker who's ever lived and you'll be dropped on your head and strangled unconscious within three minutes.

I see a lot of members bashing UFC fighters. My question is if UFC is easy money for a level athletes(boxers) why don't they just come and take that money. GGG the flat footed punching machine would steamroll anybody that the UFC could put in front of him, right? Or wrong?? I think the UFC could pay him plenty of money, being that all he has made is the scraps from big stars like Canelo!

What are you smoking? GGG made either 2-3 million disclosed vs Canelo + ppv & gate, etc. He wouldn't get a fraction of that in MMA. Canelo was rumored to get around 27 million when all was said and done.

What are you smoking? GGG made either 2-3 million disclosed vs Canelo + ppv & gate, etc. He wouldn't get a fraction of that in MMA. Canelo was rumored to get around 27 million when all was said and done.

The reason the fight hadn't happened before was that canelo wouldn't pay him what he wanted. He only sold 70,000 paper views in his previous fight. So he had to take whatever Canelo gave him, Alvarez promotions! Made the money

GGG isn't an A level athlete... Just a really good boxer. Canelo was twice as fast and explosive as he was, but he continued to pressure and have a high punch count. Canelo is more of an A level athlete. But it doesn't matter. Any competent wrestler puts him on his ass in seconds

Well maybe 2nd toughest since their exercise punishment was to go run...Cross country kids are far tougher and mentally fit.

Lol the wrestlers at my school took track and cross country just to stay in shape.

If the ufc can afford to pay Brock lesnar then they can afford to Pay GGG!! Shiit they even paid Diaz and Mcgregor millions,supposedly!?!?!?

Its not easy money because the money is not enough lol. Elite boxers get paid much better, guys like Joshua and Ward and Canelo would not get anywhere near the same amount of money in UFC. So why would they bother to train TDD for a year just to fight in UFC.

And this is fighting, its not a athletics competition. Just because you are a good athlete doesn't make you a great fighter. GGG as you mention his name.. he is not a great athlete at all, he is quite slow actually, but he is just very skillful and a damn good fighter and very well trained in boxing skills.

Back