Next fight for Yair Rodriguez

TRTVitor

Bangkok Ready
@Yellow
Reaction score
wondering who you guys would like to see young Yair take on next? The UFC brass seems to like him , still promoting him a bunch after losing big time to Frankie.

Would really like to see him take on the Korean zombie personally

Doo Ho-Choi would be a banger of a fight.

I think we can all agree that BJ deserve a rematch

Really like this kid. Exciting from start to finish. Would like to see him against a top 5-10 guy after some more training.

He's young, give him a gimme fight or two to build him back up.

Let him kill Ishihara or something.

Yair vs. Damage Elkins. Elkins is a very solid vet who is tough to finish. If Yair wins, the UFC knows he is ready for another top-5 fight (not Edgar, obviously). If Elkins wins, he gets a top-5 opponent and the UFC can give Yair a fight with a big name on their way out like Barao or Maynard to boost his confidence again.

Last edited:
Yair vs. Damage Elkins. Elkins is a very solid vet who is tough to finish. If Yair wins, the UFC knows he is ready for another top-5 fight (not Edgar, obviously). If Elkins wins, he gets a top-5 opponent and the UFC can give Yair a fight with a big name on the way out like Barao or Maynard to boost his confidence again.
Oh you mean the bum who fought a split with Bermudez? GTFO with your shit ideas. Yair deserves a real fighter like Ho Choi.

He's young, give him a gimme fight or two to build him back up.

Let him kill Ishihara or something.
Exactly this. After his loss to Edgar being to lop-sided, the UFC will give him an easy win I think. Someone with a name and potential, but still an easy win for Yair.

Oh you mean the bum who fought a split with Bermudez? GTFO with your shit ideas. Yair deserves a real fighter like Ho Choi.

Yair has done precisely shit in his UFC career, you simpleton. His list of accomplishments: beating 63-year-old BJ Penn and edging out Alex Caceres after spamming a bunch of spinning nonsense that had no chance of working. At least Elkins has relevant wins and has earned his spot in the top 10. Yair is a prospect who utterly failed in his one true test.

Yair has done precisely shit in his UFC career, you simpleton. His list of accomplishments: beating 63-year-old BJ Penn and edging out Alex Caceres after spamming a bunch of spinning nonsense that had no chance of working. At least Elkins has relevant wins and has earned his spot in the top 10. Yair is a prospect who utterly failed in his one true test.

Damn, I'm not even a BJ fan but what you're saying here is true and it makes me sad for BJ that he got such a beatdown.

Damn, I'm not even a BJ fan but what you're saying here is true and it makes me sad for BJ that he got such a beatdown.

I'm a fan of Penn, myself, so this was hard to say. His last four fights have been absolute obliterations. The last impressive performance he had was the draw against Fitch. Everything after that has just been an exercise in masochism.

Lots of exciting fights for him imo.

Choi, Bermudez, Elkins, Knight, Siver, Bektic maybe Stephens if they want to test him against someone ranked still. These all seem like reasonable fights, would really like to see him face off against Knight, Choi or Bektic though personally. Think those would all be really incredible fights, make Yair vs Bektic, Choi vs Knight. Foty potential in both those scraps.

Back