I Don't Necessarily Respect UFC Fighters For Stepping In The Octagon

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
because I am smart enough to know that certain people just like to fight, and it is not a challenge for them to do it.

What I respect more is the courage to show your face in public again, after a devastating loss. DC must have been going through some shit to sit at the FOX desk, making comments about other fighters getting KO'd, and smiling for the cameras while Bisping makes fun of him for getting KO'd by Jon Jones.

The same with Alan Jouban. 2 losses in a row by KO/Submission, and he has to look at the cameras with a straight face, while breaking down other fighters' terrible showing.

Psychologically, it is tormenting, and you have to humble yourself, swallow a lot of pride and face the music.

Look at what it did to Ronda Rousey. It broke her soul.

So, I salute fighters more for still having the courage to face the haters and the "if I could I would I should" people. Stepping inside the Octagon is not as hard as stepping out of it after a devastating loss.

Yeah plus those Fox pay cheques for sitting around in a suit defo help

I respect the courage to fight but definitely do not respect the man or woman just because they fight

Yeah plus those Fox pay cheques for sitting around in a suit defo help
Money does take away some of the pain. LOL

From a young age, when people told me "money doesn't buy happiness" I would always reply, "I would rather be unhappy and rich than be unhappy and broke."

Logic been my friend since I was a wee boy.

Truly gripping stuff

because I am smart enough to know that certain people just like to fight

That's not the case for everybody though. Take Uriah Hall for instance. Listen to his most recent post fight interview.

I respect the courage to fight but definitely do not respect the man or woman just because they fight
We are all courageous. Whatever situation you are in, in life, it takes courage to either stay in it or to get out of it.

It is all relative.

Respect to DC. USADA should let him roid out a few cycles while testing Jones and see what happens.

That's not the case for everybody though. Take Uriah Hall for instance. Listen to his most recent post fight interview.
Uriah Hall is no different than the buy who hates his job, but wakes every morning, and goes to work, and gives a subpar or excellent performance depending on the day. LOL

Yes, it takes a certain courage to be like that, but it would be more courageous to not do it, and find something that you actually enjoy, and can be the very best in.

Uriah Hall is what a lot of people in the world go through every single day. He is not any more courageous than Billy Bob who hates working at the Ford assembly line, but does it because it pays the bills and puts food on the table.

LOL

So basically you only respect the side show tmz bullshit from modern day mma?

Fuck that shit! I could give a rats ass what they do before or after the fight. Or what they eat for supper or who they are dating. Whether they go into hiding or blab away like bitches. I don't care what their prefabricated excuse is either when they lose in devastating fashion. You win some and you lose some. It is the name of the game. As long as they show up and fight their good in my books! Everyone is different. Some Just want to bury their loss and move on. If someone like Ronda or Dc wants to go into hiding and avoid all media after a brutal loss and not talk about it, Then good for them. We don't need to hear them say what we all already know to some video camera or podcaster. That shit is cringe worthy to watch.

Takes balls bigger then anyone one of us have to enter that octagon and look across the cage at a mad Overeem or Mark Hunt staring into your soul. If you can't respect that then your nuts! I watch MMA for fighters who fight. Not to see people humbled or lose their pride. That is no fun at all. It is like gaining enjoyment from someone's mental misery. That is downright cruel. Once the fight is over i simply wait for the next fights to show up and tune in. Hope they put on a show and im entertained. And the cycle continues...

Uriah Hall is no different than the buy who hates his job, but wakes every morning, and goes to work, and gives a subpar or excellent performance depending on the day. LOL

Yes, it takes a certain courage to be like that, but it would be more courageous to not do it, and find something that you actually enjoy, and can be the very best in.

Uriah Hall is what a lot of people in the world go through every single day. He is not any more courageous than Billy Bob who hates working at the Ford assembly line, but does it because it pays the bills and puts food on the table.

LOL

By your own logic in your OP, every fighter should be respected simply for getting in there because of the potential result being a public embarrassment if things don't go their way.

I don't respect anyone on Sherdog who signed up after 2015, this is why.

I don't have the hero worshiping reverence for prize fighters. It's a job like any other at the end of the day. I respect there talent like I would an actor or any other athlete though.

Back