Met Rafael Dos Anjos today (no pic but DRAMA inside)

Quinton Overeem

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hey folks, sorry I don't have any photo because my camera on my phone is broken. Just to share the story : I was walking next to the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, and saw (and immediately recognized) Rafael.

He was with (I suppose) his wife and his son (who was doing tricks on a skateboard). I went to see him, smiling and said his name, he smiled back. I shook his hand and just told him "Good luck for your next fight", he smiled along and said "Thank you".

It made my day and I instantly became a fan. I used to just enjoy watching his fights, because I love his aggressive style.

He seems like a grown family man. I liked his aura. I wish I had gave him my mail and told him to mail me if he needs some help/tips on his trip in my city. His wife seemed cool too.

He's the 2nd UFC fighter I met, first one being Shogun a few years ago, in Paris too, next to Galeries Lafayette in Opera, Paris.

Maybe I'm kinda lucky with the brazilian fighters, and they seem to like Paris.

Next time, I wanna meet Anderson Silva, and I'll have a brand new phone !

EDIT :

Here is a video I madethis morning for those who don't believe that the camera on my phone isn't working.

Last edited:
"good luck in your next fight"
"thank you"

Literally Jesus, best Man in Human history...possibly ever.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

this was a great story

I met about 20 UFC fighters through the UFC expo and was even at a conor mcgregor afterparty and whatnot but that does not come close to seeing a wild Rafael dos Anjos in his natural element

Hey folks, sorry I don't have any photo because my camera on my phone is broken.
Yea, you're the totally the first person to coincidently have a broken phone right after meeting a fighter at the airport

Hey folks, sorry I don't have any photo because my camera on my phone is broken. Just to share the story : I was walking next to the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, and saw (and immediately recognized) Rafael.

He was with (I suppose) his wife and his son (who was doing tricks on a skateboard). I went to see him, smiling and said his name, he smiled back. I just told him "Good luck for your next fight", he smiled along and said "Thank you".

It made my day and I instantly became a fan. I used to just enjoy watching his fights, because I love his aggressive style.

He seems like a grown family man. I liked his aura. I wish I had gave him my mail and told him to mail me if he needs some help/tips on his trip in my city. His wife seemed cool too.

He's the 2nd UFC fighter I met, first one being Shogun a few years ago, in Paris too, next to Galeries Lafayette in Opera, Paris.

I think you may have overestimated how interesting your story was, and I believe Sherdog is going to let you know that.

He was with (I suppose) his wife and his son (who was doing tricks on a skateboard). I went to see him, smiling and said his name, he smiled back. I just told him "Good luck for your next fight", he smiled along and said "Thank you".

<DontBelieve1>

Paris huh

Notre Dame huh

no pics huh

the story is too shit to be fake, but if its real

OP looks like this:
11241995.jpg

this was a great story

I met about 20 UFC fighters through the UFC expo and was even at a conor mcgregor afterparty and whatnot but that does not come close to seeing a wild Rafael dos Anjos in his natural element

lol fighters are pokemon now? we got a pokedex right here haha

lol fighters are pokemon now?

yup

OP should have thrown a pokeball at RDA

he is probably still a little weakened from his last fight. high capture rate

would have been more interesting than what we read

Normal, kinda credible story... peoples will react like if TS is pretending he rubbed the dick between Arianny's tits in a Lamborghini :D

Fake news. Sherdoggers only meet fighters at airports.

He said after he beat Magny he's taking a few weeks off to travel through Europe with his family.

Back