Who Is The Best UFC Fighter?

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, if two fighters fight and one wins, then we know who is the better fighter between the two, on that night. However, winning a match-up doesn't make a fighter the best or better fighter. It can't, because we have too many examples of bums defeating better fighters than them.

So, I have thought of a system to judge UFC fighters. I only consider UFC fighters and UFC records. The UFC is the premier league. We don't consider Arena Football athletes for NFL rankings. LOL

(1) Current winning streak
-> This shows consistency, and controls for "fluke" victories. You can't go on a 5 or more winning streak in the UFC, by luck. You have to be consistently good.
(2) Caliber of the competition
->This controls for "favorable match-up" victories.
->Also, it answers the question "How good are you?" because not all winning streaks are created equal.
-> So, what is a quality opponent? Looking at the UFC trend, my opinion is that a quality opponent is a fighter with at least 7 (preferably 10) consecutive fights in the UFC, and a record of 5-2 (70% winning record) or better. Also, the opponent can't be on a losing streak of 2 or more fights.
->How I got this is a different thread.
(3) Finishing percentage
->This shows how efficient a fighter's technique and ability are. A fighter with a better than average for the division finishing rate, probably has the better skills.

This is a work in progress, and I am willing to adjust based on evidence, but it is the foundation that I use to judge fighters.

So, if I call your favorite fighter a "bum" or "can" don't call me a troll or run crying to the mods to ban me. This is the algorithm I am using for EVERY SINGLE fighter. No exceptions.

LOL

Platinum Mike Perry

WhichGoldenAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

Colin Farell

Best fighter in the ufc that can beat all the ufc fighter roster is stipe

Best fighter in the ufc that can beat all the ufc fighter roster is stipe
This is a question of best skilled vs largest. Huge stipe fan, and he's very skilled, but idk anyone who consider him the most skilled UFC fighter. Sure literally he could beat all the other champions in the lower weights, but does that make him the "best"? I guess that depends on your interpretation. Is Brock lesnor a better martial artist than Anderson Silva because he's like 80 pounds heavier and would probably win easily?

Tyron Woodley and Mandy Nunes are the best if you give them bonus points for not having blonde hair and blue eyes. :D

I'd say Bones (or not, if we're excluding USADA offenders), Cormier, Mighty Mouse, or Holloway.

They all have recent victories over stellar competition.

Back