Jake LaMotta's gloves?

They're called Sambat gloves - used in training to work on punching aerodynamics and to help with shadow boxing for extended periods of time. People stopped using them in the 70s though because it was counter-productive to use lighter-weight gloves.

WTF are these the first MMA gloves?
View attachment 280613

Jake was one tough son of a bitch...had probably the greatest chin in the history of boxing..the amount of punishment that guy could take was beyond comprehension...and I'm pretty sure he's still alive...not one ounce of brain damage..speaks perfectly...amazing after all the wars he was in...he might have died, so not sure...but what a monster that guy was.

Wow... he died just 6 days ago...weird...he was 95 years old....unreal...the amount of punishment that guy took...he was a mutant, for sure...

They're called Sambat gloves - used in training to work on punching aerodynamics and to help with shadow boxing for extended periods of time. People stopped using them in the 70s though because it was counter-productive to use lighter-weight gloves.

That's so true too.

I use 16oz gloves on my heavybag and sometimes switch to mma training gloves when I just wanna throw with speed.

Boxing gloves are a bitch 20 minutes in when they fill up with sweat.

Back