Why don't heavyweight kicks just break arms even if blocked?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why don't heavyweight kicks just destroy everything in their path?

I've been in a gym and those guys built like Mark Hunt throwing kicks have bone shattering force. It's unbeivable. I don't know how those kicks get blocked without just shattering whatevers in front of them.

They do sometimes, Rico broke Hari's arm with a blocked kick in Glory recently for example.

5d7122a871b87b1481241f3487bf22fe

FotorCreated-37.jpg

Gonzaga broke Couture's arm with a kick , so it happens.

Spinning roid kicks would

I don't think I've ever seen hunt throw a headkick.

Frank Shamrock got his arm broken blocking a kick as well.

It happens. A lot of the high kicks thrown are rarely full force and the fighters blocking them make an effort to slip as much of the force as possible. Another thing to consider is the arms typically get broken when caught outstretched. Keep your arm flush to your body or head and part of the impact is transferred to the body behind the arm.

Plus there aren't a lot of heavyweights that can actually throw mid to high level kicks :)

It does happen.
Plus if you block with the other palm as well as a forearm it can spread the force around better, lessening the probability of a forearm bone break.
Just visualize it.

Also, bone density of guys at the top can play a part. Thicker denser bones can take shots better.

It happens but not often because they know how to block it. A lot of time it land on the upper arm (bicep/tricep) where there's actual muscle absorbing it. The times it gets broken is when you start blocking it with your forearm. There's no muscle and the bones there are thin.

Even if you do block it with the wrong part, they know how to go with the force to minimize the damage.

I've been in a gym and those guys built like Mark Hunt throwing kicks have bone shattering force. It's unbeivable. I don't know how those kicks get blocked without just shattering whatevers in front of them.

Well get them to kick you a few hundred times (in the name of science) and report back and post any x-rays you needed to have taken.

Because the average kicking skills in the UFC HW division is something like:

ruudc9dd1ff88.gif

Because most of them don't even kick so that lowers the chance of it happening a lot. Then there is the other fact of most of them don't even know how to kick properly.

Back