Would removing hand wraps make the UFC safer ?

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If they only had the gloves, they wouldn't throw with full abandon as they do now. Hitting someone hurts, which is why they use hand wraps. The one who gets hit suffers with life altering medical issues as has been well documented in boxing.

From what I'm aware of, hand wraps aren't mandatory in the UFC and Gunnar Nelson has fought without them before.

As far as removing hand wraps altogether, I only ask two questions:

1. Have you ever trained?

2. Do you know how many small bones you hand is composed of?

You are missing the most obvious solution. Ban closed fist striking all together.

By this logic we could make cars safer by removing seat belts too. People would drive very slow and cautious. Amirite?

It would make it safer because fighters would break hands and be unable to throw punches

Why not just bare knuckle? You definitely won't see a lot of full power punches thrown anymore.

I've been saying this for years, they should ban the fights and then just judge the pre fight workouts, weigh ins , starredown, and walkout to the cage

It's already what we do on sherdog

If they only had the gloves, they wouldn't throw with full abandon as they do now. Hitting someone hurts, which is why they use hand wraps. The one who gets hit suffers with life altering medical issues as has been well documented in boxing.

This thread sucks and Sherdog is going to let you know it.

I've been saying this for years, they should ban the fights and then just judge the pre fight workouts, weigh ins , starredown, and walkout to the cage

It's already what we do on sherdog
Don't forget about the ever telling shadow boxing

No head trama would make the sport safer...

but it's FUCKING FIGHTING...

Or go with the ol' hands wrapped in broken glass kickboxer approach
kickboxer.png

kickboxer-tongpolick.gif~c200

I like it, brings back "as real as it gets"

Might select submissions slightly easier, reduce brain trauma.

More hand injuries tho...

I think Rory fought Daley without them, not sure if its regulation to wear wraps or is up to the fighter to use them.

I think Rory fought Daley without them, not sure if its regulation to wear wraps or is up to the fighter to use them.

Está regulado Fernas, de hecho antes de la pelea la comisión revisa los vendajes.

Está regulado Fernas, de hecho antes de la pelea la comisión revisa los vendajes.

Pero creo solo revisan que esten correctos, no tanto que revisen que los deban de usar, creo por ahi va, a la mera si son obligatorios en algunos estados.

Back