George St. Pierre- #1 P4P All Time

shekinah95

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
My list normally went Jones, Emelianenko, Cruz, DJ, Cormier.(If only Sakuraba would've won the Pride MW Grand Prix- he would've ruled Japan.. Obviously things change and Bisping can knock St.Pierre off this list. I looked at his stats. He beat all of the best in his weight- many of these guys are Legends. He beat BJ twice, avenged his loss to Hugh's by beating him twice. Avenged his loss to Serra with elbows. Nick Diaz, Sherk, Condit, Trigg, Jason Miller, Shields. Many of these guys were Champions...
St. Pierre had a tougher road than other Champions. Fedor's late career losses dropped him down a few proving retiring while ahead might not be a bad thing. Bas did it right- he finished on top. Sometimes all it takes is 1 fight like Gabriel sending the Croation Sensation out of contention. Cormier can get there but the KO is still pretty fresh with an interview I wish I never saw. I love Cruz and he did beat Mighty Mouse and even if he avenges his loss to Cody- his competition isn't like Rush's. Bisping could change things. In my opinion, if St.Pierre beats Bisping and Rockhold, then there's no question. If he loses to either one especially in some one-sided brutal way then I'll probably replace Rush.

I had Jones as #1 and GSP at #2. With the recent revelations, GSP moves to the top of my list.

p4p #1 @ putting people to sleep

Until Bisping beats him.
Then Bisping takes that spot.
You know what they say, to be the best you gotta beat the best, and he's already beaten Silva, move over Georges.

Fedor
GSP
Saki
Silva

I have gsp as the best. Fedor is reasonable response also.

All these old school all time greats juiced at some point. Pride let guys get away with murder for the sake of entertainment. Jones cheated but so did 90 percent of those guys, popped or not. Hate if you want but he's the goat.

All these old school all time greats juiced at some point. Pride let guys get away with murder for the sake of entertainment. Jones cheated but so did 90 percent of those guys, popped or not. Hate if you want but he's the goat.

I honestly don't believe fedor ever juiced. There's only a handful of fighters I feel that way about.

I honestly don't believe fedor ever juiced. There's only a handful of fighters I feel that way about.

You might be right but we'll never know. Pride didn't care about testing. You can say it was age or bad luck, but he lost to middleweight Hendo, Werdum, and Bigfoot in succession once he was in a position to be even remotely tested. That can't be ignored.

No love for Anderson? I wanted to see him lose for years after rearranging my boy Franklin's face, but he dominated everyone for the best part of decade. He was, and probably will be, the only 'matrix' fighter.

I don't see why competing out of your prime should diminish your legacy...obviously Anderson and Fedor are shells of their former selves. Out of pure competition, I have GSP on top. He faced only the top contenders for his whole career and beat them all decisively. He avenged every loss. Fedor fought a heap of cans, and Anderson reigned in a division with no competition for the most part, but that's no fault of his own.

Fedor also got rocked and had some close calls. Anderson nearly lost to Chael and put on weird, stagnant fights if he wasn't interested. GSP had no close calls like that except the head kick from Condit. You could argue that GSP always played it safe, too, which isn't exactly irrelevant.

GSP
Fedor
Anderson
Jones

Jones is only on the bottom because of obvious reasons.

You might be right but we'll never know. Pride didn't care about testing. You can say it was age or bad luck, but he lost to middleweight Hendo, Werdum, and Bigfoot in succession once he was in a position to be even remotely tested. That can't be ignored.

Prime versions of Nog, crocop, Coleman, randleman, Sylvia, and alovski weren't tests? Hendo and Bigfoot were both insanely juiced btw.

Isn't it funny that no matter how many lists Sherdog posters make, Fedor will always remain the Michael Jordan of MMA.

There are small periods of time where people are high on a new fighter, or try to be part of the alternative crowd by supporting GSP or other lower weight class fighters.

There are also some that occasionally support proven steroid cheats like Anderson or Jones.

But at the end of the day, it's always Fedor.

- I mean, all the Sherdog poles say that the majority picks Fedor.
- The MMA pro's always pick Fedor, unless they are payed to promote the new guy on the block, after which they default back to Fedor.
- GSP picks Fedor ! :D
- Joe Rogan has Fedor, but tries to keep it hip and cool by including Cain as a possible GOAT.
- People from other sports pick Fedor as well.
- The two presidents of the two world powers, Putin and Trump, also pick Fedor...

It's Fedor dude.

I love GSP but it's unfair to exclude Jon Jones when GSP has fought the majority of his career under pre USDA standards.

It's easy since Andy and Jones are proven cheats. Even without them getting busted I'd have GSP as number 1 for the incredibly tough competition he fought and completely dominated, beating every man he ever fought, only fighting top contenders.

Other than GSP only Fedor could make a case. I have GSP ahead but the top 2 are in the realm of personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back