Is this the most incredible comeback of all time in the UFC HW history?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Lesnar vs Carwin.

Regardless if Brock is roided or not, a lot of roided guys can´t take half a punch to the chin (Overeem)............. and Brock just took almost a hundred punches from probably THE hardest hitter in the ufc HW history Shane Carwin who can knock guys out with half a punch and who admitted he was on roids back then too. A lot of people thought this fight should´ve been stopped. What´s your opinion?

brock-lesnar-o.gif

giphy.gif

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWinXBrockLesnar1b-250-sg.gif

thumb3_ufc_116_brock_lesnar_vs_shane_carwin_6.jpg

sv6ey0.gif

Lesnar looked like he’s lost a lot of muscle mass and even appeared a little flabby tonight. He ssupposedly down with the wwe for a while so is there a reason he’s cutting weight :)

Lesnar vs Stipe in December?

The fight should have been stopped. I remember screaming at the TV that the fight needed to be stopped.

I don't believe the UFC "fixes" fights per say, but I do believe they "encourage" or "suggest" to the referees to let certain fighters have more time to defend themselves before a fight is ruled to be over, or to end a fight faster if a fighter appears to be in trouble.
One thing is for sure, we´ve seen fights being stopped very prematurely..... and this is HW here, so nobody would complain too much if the ref stopped the fight after 30 unanswered punches specially from Carwin.

Yes it was the greatest comeback of all time by the GOAT HW, Brock Lesnar. The only people claiming it should have been stopped are the shirt-lifters who are still butthurt all these years later about Brock winning.

Lesnar looked like he’s lost a lot of muscle mass and even appeared a little flabby tonight. He ssupposedly down with the wwe for a while so is there a reason he’s cutting weight :)

Lesnar vs Stipe in December?
His suspension is probably over by feb next year or something. This is a good moment for money fights in the UFC, he´d probably go straight to a TS in this new wme era.

Kongo and Barry was a better comeback

But given the magnitude of the lesnar fight you could argue it's 'bigger'

Nog/Sylvia was pretty great.

His suspension is probably over by feb next year or something. This is a good moment for money fights in the UFC, he´d probably go straight to a TS in this new wme era.

All the rumors of WME losing money and needing a big fight. They won’t get any bigger than that one.

Lesnar vs Carwin.

Regardless if Brock is roided or not, a lot of roided guys can´t take half a punch to the chin (Overeem)............. and Brock just took almost a hundred punches from probably THE hardest hitter in the ufc HW history Shane Carwin who can knock guys out with half a punch and who admitted he was on roids back then too. A lot of people thought this fight should´ve been stopped. What´s your opinion?

brock-lesnar-o.gif

giphy.gif

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWinXBrockLesnar1b-250-sg.gif

thumb3_ufc_116_brock_lesnar_vs_shane_carwin_6.jpg

sv6ey0.gif

Not really a fitting fight for a great comeback story. Its not as Brock started to change his gameplan and dominate. Carwin just punched himself completely out and could not offer any meaningful resistance in R2.
Otherwise Brock would have done the Disco Brock from Cain fight again.

A great comeback story is when you face adversity and fight back. Brock just turtled up in R1, got saved by the bell and finished a gassed Carwin. His other fights showed that he is a pure frontrunner.

But if you want great comeback fights because the opponent gassed out imo Nogueira-Sapp and Sakuraba-Rampage are at the top.

The greatest instant "comeback" imo was that: Just unbelievable. I thought he would be paralyzed and 45seconds later he submits Kevin.

randleman+fedor+suplex.gif

I'm going to say no seeing how Carwin gassed himself out to the point he couldn't even fight back.

Kongo/Barry was a much better comeback.

The fight should have been stopped. I remember screaming at the TV that the fight needed to be stopped.

I don't believe the UFC "fixes" fights per say, but I do believe they "encourage" or "suggest" to the referees to let certain fighters have more time to defend themselves before a fight is ruled to be over, or to end a fight faster if a fighter appears to be in trouble.

I never get these type of arguments?

Well the guy was clearly not out n actually finished his opponent in the next round

That right there should be a clue that the fight shouldn't have been stopped

Yes it was the greatest comeback of all time by the GOAT HW, Brock Lesnar. The only people claiming it should have been stopped are the shirt-lifters who are still butthurt all these years later about Brock winning.
Approved.

I never get these type of arguments?

Well the guy was clearly not out n actually finished his opponent in the next round

That right there should be a clue that the fight shouldn't have been stopped
Nogueira revealed years later that he was completely unconscious when he was power bombed on his head by Sapp... Later in the fight he came back and submitted Sapp, despite being completely and utterly unconscious early in the fight.

Sometimes how a fight should end, and how it actually ends don't coincide.

Last edited:
Back