Who's leading ''Fighter of the Decade'' (2010-2020 edition)

Maori

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Two candidates come to mind for me

Demetrious Johnson

Pros:Since 2010 hes gone 18-1-1, currently riding a 12 fight win streak he is also currently tied for most consecutive Title defenses(10).

Cons:Strength of schedule, last few years i feel as though hes getting fighters before their actually ready because of how thin the top ten is.never the less its no easy task what hes been able to accomplish.I feel where only witnessing the tip of the ice berg for the talented Flyweight Division.

Connor McGregor

Pros:Since 2010 hes gone 17-2,14 of those wins were by TKO/KO.Two division champ in two different organizations.(UFC/Cage Warriors FW/LW Champion).

Cons:Unlike MM defending his titles seems to have become a problem for the enigmatic McGregor.If he can come back and string together a few title defenses he should be right in the running come 2020.

Dark Horses

Dominick Cruz-The Greatest Batamweight to date, if he can recapture his title and defend it without interruption he is right in the mix.

Max Holloway-Currently on a 11 fight win streak since his loss to Connor Mcgregor this guy has all the makings of a long term champion at 145.

Stipe Miocic-Anyone who can stay afloat in the UFC HW Division is worth taking note of.If he can stay on top till 2020 or close to it he'll be right in the conversation.

Sorry for the long read

DJ and DC
damn forgot DC, dark horse for sure...although watching him come back in his next fight is going to be interesting asf.boy took a few years off his life in his last outing

Would have said Jones if not for steroids.

My vote is for Conor.

The count.

Resume that is second to none.

Only loses to known cheaters.

Current champ in the midst of an iconic run.

Fantastic commentator and analyst.

Gotta be Jones. I hate the guy but he beat more ranked and former champs than anyone's in history. He took elite fighters and beat the piss out of them. Mighty Mouse fights in a division no one cares about.

The count.

Resume that is second to none.

Only loses to known cheaters.

Current champ in the midst of an iconic run.

Fantastic commentator and analyst.
you dont feel he has to at least defend a couple times before we throw him in?

Gotta be Jones. I hate the guy but he beat more ranked and former champs than anyone's in history. He took elite fighters and beat the piss out of them. Mighty Mouse fights in a division no one cares about.
i had him no1 pre fail, to many questions around his legacy to even contemplate jones.and a possible 4 years out takes a big chunk out of what could have been the greatest career of all time

DJ
DC
Werdum
Stipe
Max Holloway
RDA

Hard to say. Nobody has really been perfect since 2010.

Plat Mike motherfuckers!

Honorable mentions: JJ, DC, Cruz, DJ, Aaron Pico.

Edit: whoops 2020 I see that now.

I'll base mine on the fighters abillity to stay relevent in their division over the last 7 years.

DJ
Jones
Cormier
Aldo
Edgar
Faber
Conor
Max Holloway
Joanna
Lawler
Stipe

I know it looks like i posted the whole fw division but all of those guys have literally stayed in the top 5 in their divisions the entire time. some of these guys haven't been around for long, but If they are new-ish (Conor, joanna, Max) they are projecting for big things in the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Nobody here answered GSP (which is good)... surprising and revealing about his legacy

Back