Who pays for corners and their expenses? How much do they cost?

Vicky

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Is the cornering service part of the expense a fighter pays for their training camp?
If not then does the fighter or the UFC pay for the corners' salary, plane tickets, lodgings, taxis, food, etc..
How much does this all cost for domestic fights and how much for the average international fights.

It seems like it would cost a lot especially when traveling overseas.

How many people make up the average corner? Who all is in the corner? Is it usually the main coach, another coach, cut man......
What does someone cornering a person charge, if anything? I'm sure sometimes it is free (like when a brother corners another brother).

Is there an article or prior thread that breaks down the financial expenses of cornering?

It seems like this should be obvious and known to everyone but I haven't been following MMA closely for that long so I have no idea how this works.

How can low level and midlevel fighters afford these expenses?

They UFC provide the cutman

Fighter Can bring 2 coaches
Hôtel & expense (meal) paid by the UFC.

If a fighter want to bring more peoples they pay for it .

Coaches are paid by the fighter
Usualy a % of their purse.

You get what you pay for the UFC will comp two tickets possibly a second room and that's about it lol.

Thank you!
I assume plane tickets are included in the expenses paid for by the UFC.

Fighters purse takes care of his corner unless you got some sort of stipulations.

Basically, if you are a 5K/5K fighter, you are either paying to fight or breaking even.

Thanks. Do you know if cornermen get a cut of the Reebok money? That extra $10 can get handy ;)

but the UFC pays for two corners' plane tickets, lodging and expenses.....right?

I believe that plane tickets, hotel room, and transport to and from the arena are the deal. Not sure what other expenses they may pick up.

Depends on who you are
And what you do for the UFC

but the UFC pays for two corners' plane tickets, lodging and expenses.....right?

On this I'm not sure I know depending on the fighters contract some things are extra and some things are base standard. The richer the contract the lesser the perks covered

On this I'm not sure I know depending on the fighters contract some things are extra and some things are base standard. The richer the contract the lesser the perks covered

Interesting, I would think the richer the contract the more the perks covered since richer contract are for those with more "star power" or clout.
I thought there were standard contracts for varying amounts of money but then once you get popular or to championship level then you can negotiate for more money and more perks (more PPV points, more expenses covered, use of a private jet, security, etc....).

Back