Tiny one-armed broken ribbed Gokhan Saki almost beating HGH Overeem

PancraseForever

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The small man Gokhan Saki (could EASILY cut to a lighter division) shown here fighting with broken ribs and use of only one arm against HGH Overeem:

He scores one knockdown early and lands some more hard shots. Only 2 knockdowns are required in a round for victory. He was already fucked up coming in they weren't injuries caused by Overeem.

I watched that whole tournament live. It was pretty badass to see Saki even come out to fight someone with such bad injury.

I'm pretty sure Overeem and his corner already knew about the injury coming into the fight.

Olden but golden, I'll let you have this one TS.

It would seem like destiny that the likes of Bisping or Weidman would knock out a "striking goat".

That's why when people bring up Overeem as a k-1 champ,i just roll my eyes. His run in the tourney wasn't really that impressive. I always felt Spong was overrated,i mean who has he really beaten?
Saki and Aerts were totally spent and on top of that Aerts was an old ass shot dude by then. So I mean,if he didn't win agains that opposition id be surprised honestly. Let's also keep in mind how k-1 never matched up the Reem with Schilt.

not going to be the same fighter he once was

I watched that whole tournament live. It was pretty badass to see Saki even come out to fight someone with such bad injury.

I'm pretty sure Overeem and his corner already knew about the injury coming into the fight.
Maybe not, because it seems like once Overeem realized Saki wasn't using his other arm he kicked it.

That's why when people bring up Overeem as a k-1 champ,i just roll my eyes. His run in the tourney wasn't really that impressive. I always felt Spong was overrated,i mean who has he really beaten?
Saki and Aerts were totally spent and on top of that Aerts was an old ass shot dude by then. So I mean,if he didn't win agains that opposition id be surprised honestly. Let's also keep in mind how k-1 never matched up the Reem with Schilt.

No but there was one man who held his own vs. Schilt despite being a foot shorter and 30 kg (60 lbs) lighter...

Yeah beating Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, and Peter Aerts in one night is nothing. I do that shit in my sleep, 1 arm tied behind my back

Yeah beating Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, and Peter Aerts in one night is nothing. I do that shit in my sleep, 1 arm tied behind my back

Tyrone was fresh,and didn't really offer much of a fight. Gokhan was pretty much broken,and still took it to the reem unil his arm finally fell off and rolled out of the ring,and lets not pretend this was 1998 Aerts who hadn't already been wheeled to the ring in two other fights before that one. At least Aerts actually fought and beat schilt. Even when he was allowed to take all the roids in the world,they didn't want those two meeting.

Tyrone was fresh,and didn't really offer much of a fight. Gokhan was pretty much broken,and still took it to the reem unil his arm finally fell off and rolled out of the ring,and lets not pretend this was 1998 Aerts who hadn't already been wheeled to the ring in two other fights before that one. At least Aerts actually fought and beat schilt. Even when he was allowed to take all the roids in the world,they didn't want those two meeting.
Why wasn't Overeem broken to pieces like Saki and Aerts were?

Because he won his prior fights dominantly and cleanly! That's part of fighting in a tournament.

If Saki and Aerts didn't want to be injured, they should have won their fights as cleanly as Overeem did.

He was an MMA fighter first what do you want from the guy? Shit happens at tournaments sometimes fortune favors the bold he proved himself when he knocked out Badr Hari anyways

He was an MMA fighter first what do you want from the guy? Shit happens at tournaments sometimes fortune favors the bold he proved himself when he knocked out Badr Hari anyways
Badr got revenge,thank fuck for that.

Because he won his prior fights dominantly and cleanly! That's part of fighting in a tournament.

If Saki and Aerts didn't want to be injured, they should have won their fights as cleanly as Overeem did.
If Saki and Aerts fought spong in the first round,Overeem woulda probably lost to whichever of them he fought first in the semis

Maybe because Saki had to face Daniel Ghita as his first opponent. Talk about drawing the short straw knowing you're going to AT LEAST get your legs completely fucked up in the first match then have to try and fight two more opponents.

Reem ko'd bada hari and hari ko'd schilt...so.....

Watching fights like this, the K1/Pride days just remember me how much cooler those days were compared to now.

Back