Mcgregor vs. Ferguson

SVG

The Porkchop Express
Banned
Reaction score
Why are people so against this fight on this forum. People crying for Diaz 3 or Paulie in a boxing ring. I get the circus aspect of Mcgregor and he has a lot of fans that have just jumped on him just to see him in silly "dream" match ups. Let's get back to a bit of reality here Ferguson has cleaned out a lot of the division and in many ways has done a lot of the dirty work. If we are talking of people deserving a shot at Mcgregor then Ferguson is #1.

It seems to me like the new age Mcgregor fan seems to hop on the Schaub theory. Let's protect our cash cow from getting hurt or beat so his star will fade. If you go by that theory you will never see him properly tested. Me on the other hand i want to see him tested i want to see him fight the Ferguson's, the Khabib's, the Barboza's of this world. I think it's time to cut the bullshit a little and get back to reality. Don't get me wrong i want to see the third fight vs. Diaz but it's really not the time for it now, that fight will always have a place and will always draw regardless.

Why are people so against this fight on this forum. People crying for Diaz 3 or Paulie in a boxing ring. I get the circus aspect of Mcgregor and he has a lot of fans that have just jumped on him just to see him in silly "dream" match ups. Let's get back to a bit of reality here Ferguson has cleaned out a lot of the division and in many ways has done a lot of the dirty work. If we are talking of people deserving a shot at Mcgregor then Ferguson is #1.

It seems to me like the new age Mcgregor fan seems to hop on the Schaub theory. Let's protect our cash cow from getting hurt or beat so his star will fade. If you go by that theory you will never see him properly tested. Me on the other hand i want to see him tested i want to see him fight the Ferguson's, the Khabib's, the Barboza's of this world. I think it's time to cut the bullshit a little and get back to reality. Don't get me wrong i want to see the third fight but it's really not the time for it now, that fight will always have a place and will always draw regardless.
Tony Ferguson is facing Kevin Lee for the interim LW belt, maybe you hadn't heard.

No one wants a 3rd fight between them, only casuals because it's Conor.

Tony Vs Conor, no, we want Khabib Vs Tony. Conor isn't here to stay, he'll have maybe 1-2 more fights and quit his career. He achieved his goals in such a short time frame - he's going down in history.

Tony Ferguson is facing Kevin Lee for the interim LW belt, maybe you hadn't heard.
I know quite clearly he's fighting Lee. I'm just saying in general people are against Mcgregor vs. Ferguson match up on this forum and across many media platforms saying Tony isn't a draw and other bullshit.

I wanna see it. Will be fun. Tony will get fucked up with punches, but will he be finished? That's the big question. Conor needs better cardio for that fight, so he can sustain beating Tony down for 5 rounds

No one wants a 3rd fight between them, only casuals because it's Conor.

Tony Vs Conor, no, we want Khabib Vs Tony. Conor isn't here to stay, he'll have maybe 1-2 more fights and quit his career. He achieved his goals in such a short time frame - he's going down in history.
I want Khabib vs Ferg but everyone cries about Khabib not 'deserving' it. Who gives a fuck? We need that fight

I know quite clearly he's fighting Lee. I'm just saying in general people are against Mcgregor vs. Ferguson match up on this forum and across many media platforms saying Tony isn't a draw and other bullshit.
I'm seeing a lot of people excited for that fight, but you can't expect everyone to get behind that matchup when 2 of the UFC's biggest selling PPVs were headlined by Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz.

I think you misread or have bad info.

Most people here want him to face the future interim champ and not nate.

I want Khabib vs Ferg but everyone cries about Khabib not 'deserving' it. Who gives a fuck? We need that fight
would have been a great fight but in all honesty its Khabibs fault he isn't in a better position .. dropped out several times ..not very active at all

all these guys have to do is fight and prove themselves just like tony has .. once you do that you should be good ..unless the champ ducks you like conor is doing

QFi1dlJ.jpg

I absolutely want to see this fight. I don't think Ferguson is as good as conor in standup,but hes got so many other things that can give Conor trouble.

Conor vs Ferg would end just like Ferg vs RDA. RDA would have won a 3 round fight, but lost in 5. Conor is not beating Ferg over 5 rounds.

They have to finish the trilogy. The rematch was the biggest PPV in mma history, people have to look at the business side to it. It'd take how many separate ppv events to match the rev?
After this fight is over and when Whitaker is the undisputed champ all the bullshit will calm down. Maybe champs vs champs but no one is like Conor or has his pull whithin the UFC.

I absolutely want to see this fight. I don't think Ferguson is as good as conor in standup,but hes got so many other things that can give Conor trouble.
Agree i think both are capable of winning the fight with Tony having the slight edge for me.

Conor was boxing, so they made Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee for the interim strap, that is why Ferguson/McGregor is not happening right now.

I don't know...from what I read I see a lot of people wanting Conor to defend a belt. The UFC probably want Conor/Nate III for the revenue.

This is the fight to make imo, or Lee vs McGregor if he is to beat Tony. Have Khabib fight the loser of this fight.

would have been a great fight but in all honesty its Khabibs fault he isn't in a better position .. dropped out several times ..not very active at all

all these guys have to do is fight and prove themselves just like tony has .. once you do that you should be good ..unless the champ ducks you like conor is doing
I know it's his fault but people wanna 'punish' him at the expense of the fans. Kevin fucking Lee.... gtfo with that shit

They have to finish the trilogy. The rematch was the biggest PPV in mma history
Everyone so focused on repeating the same fight, they seem to miss that there are other opportunities as well, and all rivalries have to start somewhere.

If McGregor fights a top contender instead, let's say he loses against Khabib or Ferguson, that could start a rivalry with higher stakes.

I wanna see it. Will be fun. Tony will get fucked up with punches, but will he be finished? That's the big question. Conor needs better cardio for that fight, so he can sustain beating Tony down for 5 rounds

I don't think the fight would go 5 rounds...tony gets hit way too much. guys that get hit alot, will not do well against conor....that fight wouldn't go 3 rounds...

Back