Mike Perry already has 7 knockdowns

EmbraceTheGrindRak

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
In comparison these fighters had (In UFC): Silva (17), LIddell (14), Rumble (13), and Mcgregor (12)

Yeah and Cowboy Cerrone, who's a stand up/kickboxing guy, has more submission wins than Maia's all fights. Stats doesn't always mean impressive

Last edited:
He's facing unranked or undersized fighters so....

And a male model exposed him.....

Are knockdowns worth tracking? I mean really... Let's not turn our beloved MMA into a statistics nerdgasm like other sports.

7 knockdowns in a little over a year is pretty damn impressive, more to come for sure. He can break Silva's record in about 16 months if he keeps getting booked

He'll have 700 by the time he's through, fuckers.

Yeah and Cowboy Cerrone, who's a stand up/kickboxing guy, has more submission wins than Maia's all fights. Stats doesn't always mean impressive
I'm impressed by Cerrone's submission skills, and more often than I'm impressed by Maia's

sometimes stats are impressive

and I prefer K1 Cerrone over K1 Maia too :D

how come he doesn't want to avenge his loss ?
He asked for that fight after the Jouban loss, and he asked for Gunnar Nelson when he was the last guy to beat Jouban. He would take that fight in a heartbeat but both guys have only fought twice since and Perry just entered the top 15 while Jouban has plummeted like a rock straight into a desk job at fox sports. He's basically retired.

There's a difference: Silva, Liddell, and to a lesser extent, Rumble and McGregor were fighting the best of their divisions. Perry isn't even fighting gatekeepers yet.

Jouban is like ranked 27 now.. Move on

fight was less than a year ago .. and he got worked by that man .. the good ol days you went back and whooped that dudes ass wherever he may be ..

I wanna see him try and beat up lawler .. that's a good fight !!

@EmbraceTheGrindRak 3 knockdowns vs Lim, 2 vs Roberts, 2 vs Ellenberger, 1 vs Reyes.

I'm guessing you (and the UFC) don't credit him with 2 against Roberts though. thoughts?

giphy.webp

would be 3 KD's if they were ruled like boxing, with 1 hand down counting.

giphy.webp

fight was less than a year ago .. and he got worked by that man .. the good ol days you went back and whooped that dudes ass wherever he may be ..

I wanna see him try and beat up lawler .. that's a good fight !!

I'm sure he could avenge his loss if he wanted, but the belt is the other way in the rankings. I don't think he is as bothered by that loss as the haters want him to be either, I think he see's it as more of a learning experience.

If Jouban can manage to get some big wins and get himself in the rankings I wouldn't mind seeing Mike knock him out but Like Jeha said, he is basically retired with his new Fox desk job.
Pretty sure Lawler shot that fight down, but that's the one I wanted to see too. FOTY contender if they would have made it

Why are there so
many Mike P. fanboys?

Are knockdowns worth tracking? I mean really... Let's not turn our beloved MMA into a statistics nerdgasm like other sports.

It's definitely worth tracking. It's not some irrelevant stat like the one's ESPN loves to mention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back