Were you impressed with Jessica Andrade against Claudia?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I was scared for Claudia in that fight. I feel THAT Jessica Andrade didnt show up the night she fought JJ.

How do you think Joanna would do against Jessica Andrade in a rematch?

I was totally not expect Andrade to beat her like that, a rematch with JJ would look like the same i think.

I was surprised that she was able to do it to Claudia. Andrade is a little Hulk though

Andrade is good but I don't think she underperformed against JJ, Claudia just has a huge weakness in her cardio. Even against JAG who she was dominating and had a huge physical advantage over she slowed down in the 3rd, against someone physically comparable she ran out of steam in the 2nd (!)

Less impressed with Andrade and more disappointed with Claudia. All that new training and she still didn't resolve her key weakness.

Andrade looked great but Claudia was a perfect opponent for her game. Claudia usually out-muscles her opponents and this time she met someone who did the same to her. JJ beat them because she's a much better striker, quicker and faster. JJ vs Andrade was like watching a top matador kill a bull.

Less impressed with Andrade and more disappointed with Claudia. All that new training and she still didn't resolve her key weakness.
Maybe she just can't at 115 and needs to go up to 125... that or lose more muscle to cut less but meh.

Maybe she just can't at 115 and needs to go up to 125... that or lose more muscle to cut less but meh.
I don't think Claudia will ever have a gas tank at 115, but I don't think she'll ever leave the division either.

It didn't help she fought someone who could match her raw physicality and still outpace her for the first time.

I don't think Claudia will ever have a gas tank at 115, but I don't think she'll ever leave the division either.
Yeah it's weird how opposed to moving up she seems... her combination of bad cardio and not being a deadly finisher accentuates the weakness, it's not like she's Mandy or Rumble who kill most opponents in the first or Woodley or Romero who can keep their opponents on their toes all fight because of their KO threat. She actually needs to be able to keep up a pace. lol

Clean technical striking with down the middle punches is always going to be a problem for her but she looked great the other night.

More unimpressed with Claudia to be honest.
But I'm impressed with Andrades ability to just eat punches and just plow forward for 15 mins.
Don't see a rematch against Joanna go much different, so would prefer another opponent after she beats Rose.

Takes me back to when all those folk said if only Ronda had not tried to box Holly, if only she had stuck with her Judo. And after a while you just got tired of telling them she did try to use her Judo.

Same nonsense today, if only this Andrade had turned up in Dallas we're told. Guess what it was the same Andrade in both fights and just as Holly wouldn't let Ronda use her Judo, so Joanna didn't allow Jessica to use her power.

Ah but Andrade ragdolled Gadelha, forgetting that Andrade slammed JJ at least 3 times, only Joanna knew how to nullify that and bounce back up. But she showed her too much respect, yeah well when you've been kicked in the head a few times that happens.

When we see Andrade using some decent footwork then maybe she'll deserve another crack, as of now it would be another "boring" masterclass.

Back