"I would love to avenge my loss against Shogun !" - Rampage

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I would love to (avenge) my loss against ‘Shogun’ because that’s one loss that don’t sit well with me for personal reasons,” Jackson said. “I love ‘Shogun’ as a person, we get along great, but as a fighter I never should have taken that fight with my injury. I regret not backing out of that fight, I do. I was dumb back then. I was making cash money and I was just blowing through it, and I was living fight to fight. It was that street life."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...c-contract-situation-would-like-to-try-boxing

I would love to see this rematch. The first was one of the most brutal, one sided, beat downs in MMA history.

That street life takes more energy than being a rockstar from what I hear.

I would love to see this rematch. The first was one of the most brutal, one sided, beat downs in MMA history.

Why?

Neither of these guys is half what they were back then.

It would be like watching two different guys wearing Shogun and Rampage costumes.

Hell, when you watch another fight, just call one guy Shogun and the other Rampage. Doesn't even have to be at LHW. Doesn't even have to be MMA.

I think it would be a slow, lackluster gas fest, but Page would probably take him now via tap to strikes.

Well, it's better than Saki vs Shogun. Sometimes I think the Shogun lovers on this site really hate him. They love to put him in the path of danger. This fight will look terrible but it sounds about right competitively.

That street life takes more energy than being a rockstar from what I hear.

Not when you drink a 2-4 of Rockstars

rampage-arrest.jpg

Why?

Neither of these guys is half what they were back then.

It would be like watching two different guys wearing Shogun and Rampage costumes.

Hell, when you watch another fight, just call one guy Shogun and the other Rampage. Doesn't even have to be at LHW. Doesn't even have to be MMA.

I have to agree. This rematch should have taken place 9 or 10 years ago. If Shogun didn't come into the UFC injured and fat and didn't lose to Griffin at UFC 76 he could have fought Rampage for the belt in 2008. That would have been amazing.

As an oldskool/Pride fan would love to see this rematch

And this is the 1st fight from ref cam which looks amazing

I have to agree. This rematch should have taken place 9 or 10 years ago. If Shogun didn't come into the UFC injured and fat and didn't lose to Griffin at UFC 76 he could have fought Rampage for the belt in 2008. That would have been amazing.

Wholly revisionist thinking batman.

Friken shogun fans--can't give two drops of credit to anyone he faces. Ever.

Jackson's fat ass cant make 205 again. Wasn't he 250 for his fight with Mo?

Wholly revisionist thinking batman.

Friken shogun fans--can't give two drops of credit to anyone he faces. Ever.
Uh he had a knee injury before fighting Griffin.
Thats a fact. Thats not revisionist. If you want to add Shogun was also fat because he was off the PED's he took in Pride then go for it. But Shogun was nowehere near the form he was in his Pride days it showed before he adapted his game.

When they're both healthy....

Prime Rampage > Prime Shogun

Prime Shogun absolutely blew threw him like a hurricane.

How does Rampage beat him? I get hes saying he came in injured but it wasn't even competitive and that was prime Rampage after he'd KOd Chuck and powerbombed Arona.

uj1493y.gif

Prime Shogun absolutely blew threw him like a hurricane.

How does Rampage beat him? I get hes saying he came in injured but it wasn't even competitive and that was prime Rampage after he'd KOd Chuck and powerbombed Arona.

uj1493y.gif
Jackson did terrible against Chute Boxe fighters period. He got crushed by Shogun, KO'd and TKO'd by Silva and won bad decision vs Ninja who he is naturally like 25lbs bigger. Ninja is the size of most 170lb fighters in the UFC.

The whole "I was injured" after a loss the US guys use has gotten old. Stop with all the excuses...you were OUTCLASSED in every way.

The MMA Injury Bug: Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua
Written by Betting Bruiser.

With the announcement last month of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua's successful shoulder surgery, the Brazilian legend has continued his legacy of becoming a mixed martial arts (MMA) medical marvel. It's beyond evident that Shogun is injury prone. However, with the amount of punishment he's received, many may consider it amazing that's he's not only still alive to talk about it but continues fighting professionally at the highest level on the biggest stage to this day. Throughout Shogun's storied 30+ fight MMA career, he has faced countless setbacks via the much-maligned MMA Injury Bug.

"I would love to (avenge) my loss against ‘Shogun’ because that’s one loss that don’t sit well with me for personal reasons,” Jackson said. “I love ‘Shogun’ as a person, we get along great, but as a fighter I never should have taken that fight with my injury. I regret not backing out of that fight, I do. I was dumb back then. I was making cash money and I was just blowing through it, and I was living fight to fight. It was that street life."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...c-contract-situation-would-like-to-try-boxing

Pride Shogun decimates any version of Rampage, healthy or not.

Rampage was Chute Boxes doormat back then, even Ninja beat him.

Back