Where do you rank Bisping (GOAT MW Champions)?

Where do you rank Bisping (GOAT MW Champions)?

• Total voters
Default answer - #1

Serious answer - #4 behind Silva, Rich and the WHITEMAN.

I'd rank Bisping as the number 1 MW of all time.

He beat Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold and succesfully defended his belt all in one year. GOAT imo.

What's the option for never should have had the belt in the first place?

Weidman doesn't have enough wins or fights. Same with Franklin who collapsed in post 2007 Bisping era.
I was ranking championship runs not overall careers since it asks GOAT MW champions not GOAT MWs.

Silva and Hendo were only good because of PEDs.Without them Bisping beats both any time.

Hard to tell since he's yet to fight a relevant MW since becoming the champ.

If he beats gsp then he's legit up there, Anderson and Hendo are 2 of the greatest ever, and bisping somehow (arguably) beat them both. People say whatever, they were past their prime, but bisping was damn near 40 wh n he fought them so it levels out. I used to hate on bisping, but he started to get on my good side after handling Jorge Rivera like a straight gangster. Plus he straight ko'd Rockhold on 2 weeks notice, gotta put some hespect on his name at this point weather you like the guy or not.

Fuck UFC champs. I am going all time MMA.

Skill at peak:

1. Anderson Silva
2. Dan Henderson
3. Yoel Romero
4. Jacare Souza
5. Gegard Mousasi
6. Lyoto Machida
7. Kazushi Sakuraba
8. Murilo Bustamante
9. Vitor Belfort
10. Luke Rockhold
11. Michael Bisping
12. Chris Weidman
13. Kazuo Misaki
14. Paulo Filho
15. Yoshihiro Akiyama
16. Nate Marquardt
17. Robert Whittaker
18. Frank Shamrock
19. Evan Tanner
20. Matt Lindland
21. Jorge Santiago

Probably forgetting some real good guys. Put this list together off the top of my head in just s few mins. Some guys probably need to be switched around but it is close.

I have actually become a Bisping fan since he KTFO Luke but i really don't know if he is better than any of the guys listed above me at their peak. All these guys were killers at one point. If Sakuraba and Machida and Wanderlei were all at 185 their entire careers they may have been top 5 all time. I did not put Wand on this list because he only fought a few fights at 185 at the end of his career.

Accomplishments at MW:
1. Anderson
2. Dan Henderson
3. Yoel Romero
4. Jacare
5. Gegard Mousasi
6. Michael Bisping
7. Luke Rockhold
8. Chris Weidman

Last edited:
Will likely never defend against a ranked opponent = last .

In terms of resume for UFC MW champs, I'd say he's neck and neck with Rockhold at the 4/5 spot. In terms of GOAT MW list, he's fringe top 10.

Bisping has not began defending the title in my opinion. His first real test will be against GSP. He got the living daylights beat out of him vs Henderson...

Silva and Hendo were only good because of PEDs.Without them Bisping beats both any time.
Because Silva failed one test when he was 40 trying to recover from a broken leg???

Look at all the PEDS guys Anderson defeated: TRT Hendo, Vitor, Nate who failed for PEDS in his fight with AS, Chael who failed and Bonnar has also failed before I believe.

Even if Anderson was using he was beating everyone else that was too. Lutter also didn't cut all the way down to 185 which is very unfair, but he still tapped out to elbows in the triangle.

Hendo has never failed a drug test in his life. He only used TRT when it was legal and got off it as soon as it was outlawed and still had a few good performances in his mid 40s.

Back