* Rumor: Conor v Diaz III slated for Dec 30th !

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor McGregor is close to agreeing a third fight with Nate Diaz for this December, according to reports.

The Dubliner has split the first two bouts against the American fighter, with McGregor memorably handed his first UFC defeat in March 2016 after Diaz submitted him.

McGregor recovered to edge the rematch by majority decision that August, and now after taking a sabbatical following the birth of his first child - and a foray into boxing to fight Floyd Mayweather - it appears that the Notorious is close to returning to the Octagon.

The Sunday World is reporting that McGregor is very close to signing a deal to take on Nate Diaz in a deciding fight on December 30 in Las Vegas - and that his friends and family are so sure of the fight being announced that they have already booked flights to Sin City.

McGregor hasn't fought in the UFC since becoming a two-weight world champion in November 2016 following a knockout of lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma...ster-ufc-return-against-old-foe-36162709.html

The only way this makes sense is if it is for the LW belt. Winner gets Tony/Lee.

Last edited:
Diaz should thank his lucky star

Doesnt make any sense and I am a Conor fan. Why the fack would they do the Lee/Ferg fight for the interm belt and have Diaz fight Conor in Dec. This fight is boring and played out.

I almost hope Diaz beats him so we can move on from this mess.

So that's why they're making Tony fight Lee....

It was all a distraction
tenor.gif

The ONLY saving grace will be if this fight takes place at LW and is for the belt.

Nah. Diaz has done nothing to deserve a title shot. So there's no saving grace.

Blame the ones who care about Nate. Who does, really? Why the fuck would you want to see this fight yet again?

Last edited:
I just talked to a buddy who swears that if the next fight isn't a title defense, he's done with the UFC.
I bet him fifty bucks that the next announced fight will be Nate3

Just strip him of whatever belt he has left.

as I said in another thread about this fight , it's absolute bullshit .
The UFC should make Conor fight a true contender before granting him another fight with Diaz , because I can see him retiring after this fight .

Lets face it Conor also owes the UFC after they let him fight Mayweather , sure both parties profited but it was still out of the ordinary for the UFC to grant such a request of a fighter

Wonder how Conor fans will spin this if it is indeed true?

It would be at Lightweight for the championship if it happened... Diaz wouldn't necessarily be a deserving contender, but still. Conor said in the post-interview at 202 that he wants their rubber match to be on his terms, i.e. At 155.

Anyway, not buying the report.

Nah. Diaz has done nothing to deserve a title shot. So there's no saving grace.

GSP fans/shertards said Nick Diaz deserved a title shot even after he lost and was suspended.

So using that logic, Nate Diaz deserves a title shot.

Wonder how Conor fans will spin this if it is indeed true?

If Diaz vs McGregor 3 is Conors next fight, to me, it 100% confirms what many have already speculated...that Conor is a duck. Avoiding the real competition.

Pathetic.

That'd mean a 4th fight between them and a probable 5th........

I get the 2nd fight as the first was such a disaster for Conor and there's absolutely no point in them fighting again but it'll probably be the UFCs biggest PPV buy so what do we know here?

Doesnt make any sense and I am a Conor fan. Why the fack would they do the Lee/Ferg fight for the interm belt and have Diaz fight Conor in Dec. This fight is boring and played out.

But we would move on from it if Conor wins, so that statement makes no sense.

If Diaz vs McGregor 3 is Conors next fight, to me, it 100% confirms what many have already speculated...that Conor is a duck. Avoiding the real competition.

Pathetic.
He's fighting a guy who already beat him once. People will say he's ducking if he doesn't fight him again.

Last edited:
Back