Benson Henderson was my least favorite UFC champion

BuckNasty16

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
His last few losses in Bellator leave people confused, like he use to be some incredible fighter.
You should watch his championship fights in the UFC. I doubt you'll make it through them all.
He has the best cardio I have ever seen but will not pull the trigger, has no killer instinct, and won't even try to out wrestle his opponent to tire them out.
He just hangs back moving the hair out of his face and throws a few strikes.

Also, as many know, he was gifted so many split decision wins for the belt. After every one he points to the camera and nods like he deserves it. Even proposed after a split decision win.

Then he is a shit loser like when RDS TKOed him he debated the stoppage hard. Then cowboy wins a decision on him and he is shocked, outraged, can't believe it is happening. How quickly he forgot the belts he won on highly debatable split decisions.

I'm glad he is not longer going to be near any title fights.

(I only watched him in the UFC, not WEC. Only time I saw a real fighter was against Jim Miller but that was like 200 years ago)

Now can I get a Amen????

He's got great hair, loves his mom, and is a flip flop enthusiast.

There are better targets for angst.

But, admittedly, I was not much of a fan of his fights.

affd841b9332c5422bdda28eec37499e0bfa7e961d703442383dff8e5ad4562a.jpg

He's got great hair, loves his mom, and is a flip flop enthusiast.

There are better targets for angst.

But, admittedly, I was not much of a fan of his fights.

I don't think he's a bad person. Just really bothered me as a UFC champ.

Seeing Benson lose by split after doing his best to make the fight complete shit last night got me off.
IMG_3816.GIF

His last few losses in Bellator leave people confused, like he use to be some incredible fighter.
You should watch his championship fights in the UFC. I doubt you'll make it through them all.
He has the best cardio I have ever seen but will not pull the trigger, has no killer instinct, and won't even try to out wrestle his opponent to tire them out.

Also, as many know, he was gifted so many split decision wins for the belt. After every one he points to the camera and nods like he deserves it. Even proposed after a split decision win.

Then he is a shit loser like when RDS TKOed him he debated the stoppage hard. Then cowboy wins a decision on him and he is shocked, outraged, can't believe it is happening. How quickly he forgot the belts he won on highly debatable split decisions.

(I only watched him in the UFC, not WEC. Only time I saw a real fighter was against Jim Miller but that was like 200 years ago)
He beat Jorge Masvidal.

He woneverysingle split decision, besides maybe the 2nd Frankie fight, imo, and was one of the most exciting, and well rounded LWs, ever.

If his fights didn't excite you, and keep you intrigued, you literally don't enjoy MMA at the highest level. Wtf is wrong with you? He's literally what MMA is, and what it's supposed to look like at the highest level.

He's not perfect fighter, but hi he had one of the best skill sets, ever, and was a joy to watch. And his hair was "head and shoulders" above the competition.

AS a former Bendo fan I agree 100. He's boring and doesn't have any killer instinct

I don't think he's a bad person. Just really bothered me as a UFC champ.
More than fair.

To a fault perhaps I don't enjoy crap people winning fights, and may cheer too often for fighters who are good people.

I managed to pull for Diaz against GSP though, despite being Canadian. It helped though that GSP doesn't consider hockey a real sport.

It's one thing to be Canadian and not play hockey, if you don't want your father to love you that's up to you. But repeatedly saying that gymnastics and track are real sports and hockey is not should get you banished.

yeah, he was never really that exciting. if anything, saturday was just more of the same. but I was expecting a bit more from patricky

Can't say he was my favorite fighter, but at least he was active and fought the best, I think we should appreciate that more than ever now.

He woneverysingle split decision, besides maybe the 2nd Frankie fight, imo, and was one of the most exciting, and well rounded LWs, ever.

If his fights didn't excite you, and keep you intrigued, you literally don't enjoy MMA at the highest level. Wtf is wrong with you? He's literally what MMA is, and what it's supposed to look like at the highest level.

he had one of the best skill sets, ever, and was a joy to watch.

200w.gif

200w.gif

TS post is trash.

Bendo is nowhere near the same fighter he used to be. He went to split decisions with Frankie and Gil, my god he must suck! Except, those two are two of the best LW's in MMA's history.

He isn't a huge puncher, he doesn't have the greatest takedowns, he's not the strongest, he's not the fastest, but he had a solid combination of everything and was well rounded enough to beat his opponents.

After watching his fight last night, it's obvious to tell he's not the same fighter, He's aged, he doesn't have the speed or quickness anymore. It seems like his fight IQ has slightly decreased as well. But he's still a decent fighter and can be a good fight for some up and comers or some guys who have been around the block once or twice.

yeah, he was never really that exciting. if anything, saturday was just more of the same. but I was expecting a bit more from patricky

Not the case.

Benson vs Diaz
Benson vs Guida
Benson vs Miller
Benson vs Thatch

All very entertaining. This thread is revisionist history.

Back