Sad that Claudia lost but

OriginMMA

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
it makes the division a lot more interesting now.

After Joanna beat Andrade people were writing her off as if she was not a good fighter like they usually do so it was nice to see her put a stamp on her place in the division.

Before it was just Joanna > Claudia >>>>> everybody else, but now with this shift it makes it a lot more interesting in the 115 division. It also shows what a monster Joanna was to be able to not only outstrike Andrade with ease, but stop her from taking her down.

Extremely powerful. Once Claudia decided to grapple, she got beat up.

Andrade is relentless but her left right hook haymaker spamming were easy for Joanna to counter or defend. Still see a rematch going the same way.

What you saw last night is why quite a few people thought Jessica would beat JJ, she was the dark horse whom quite a few savvy betters put a bit of coin on.

I think she can do much better versus JJ, than what she shown first time around. But I'm not sure if she will quite be able to pull off the win.

Safe to safe Jessica would maul almost everyone else at 115, I mean, can you imagine Karolina, Michelle, PVZ, Grasso, Calvillo, Herrig or Rose being able to handle her ? They'd all get mangled. My side chick Claudia is a beast, who previous to last night, had only ever lost to JJ and still to this day she is the girl who done best vs Joanna. Claudia is much more physically impressive than most of her opponents, the physicality difference last night surprised me, Jessica was faster, a lot stronger and had a much more impressive gas tank (the cardio difference wasn't too surprising given Claudias history of tiring).

A very impressive performance from Jessica. I say give her the next shot, why not, hopefully she makes it more of a fight this time.

Surprised so many people thought she would beat Andrade.

Surprised so many people thought she would beat Andrade.

She's beaten everyone except JJ. With many people thinking she beat Joanna in the first fight (I do too), she had some success early in the rematch, only to tire and get picked apart, which led some people to think that with better cardio and a bit more fine tuning to her striking, that she could be the one to beat Joanna. That's her entire fight history right there, all wins, one contentious loss and another loss where she had some success early on.

So of course she was the favorite going in to the fight. We've only ever seen her win and give Joanna (Queen of the division) a hell of a fight.

Extremely powerful. Once Claudia decided to grapple, she got beat up.

Andrade is relentless but her left right hook haymaker spamming were easy for Joanna to counter or defend. Still see a rematch going the same way.
Yeah that type of basic aggression could only get you so far against a striker of Joanna's caliber.

Striking wise Claudia was doing fine, but I feel the difference between that match and the Joanna vs Andrade match was the footwork. Yes, Claudia's hands were effective, but she couldn't get out of the way from Andrade's haymakers.

Both women are legit beasts, and it just makes JJ look that much better because she handled Claudia twice and made fairly easy work out of Andrade.

i won some good vCash with Andrade

hopefully now we can get Gadelha/Esparza
Claudia vs Hill ? might be interesting as well

Claudia was piecing Andrade up until she got greedy with the guillotine.

It made me realize JJ is never losing at 115lbs. Forget about DJ breaking Anderson's record, this chick could utterly destroy it if she wanted to. She will most likely move up in weight to challenge herself though.

It made me realize JJ is never losing at 115lbs. Forget about DJ breaking Anderson's record, this chick could utterly destroy it if she wanted to. She will most likely move up in weight to challenge herself though.

I'm not sure she will.

My Girl Valentina has already said she's going for the 125lb belt now, with Joanna saying she wants to set the record for title defenses (in WMMA at least), aka she's staying at 115lbs for the foreseeable future.

Everyone talks about champions moving up weight classes, but how many actually do it ? Guys like Bj Penn, Conor McGregor and co' are few and far between and we all know about Conor lack of title defenses so he's no better than long time defending champions. Many other times guys like Anderson will move up for a fight, often favorable, then go right back down. More often than not fighters move DOWN.

I think Joanna is gonna' stay put. It's honestly better for her legacy to stay at 115lbs, rule it with and iron fist then retire undefeated. The alternative is moving up in weight and getting her ass kicked by Valentina.

Claudia is more skilled than Andrade. She just is smaller and had the wrong gameplan. She is so used to doing whatever she wants to do to these women grappling wise that she got greedy. Andrade is a giant 115 pounder. She is built like a man.

I like female Erick Silva. Didn't like to see her get battered like that.

Claudia was piecing Andrade up until she got greedy with the guillotine.

Guess you were watching a different fight than everyone else. It was even (at best) for the first 2 minutes and then Andrade kicked Claudias ass.........fact.

Claudia is more skilled than Andrade. She just is smaller and had the wrong gameplan. She is so used to doing whatever she wants to do to these women grappling wise that she got greedy. Andrade is a giant 115 pounder. She is built like a man.

You must be correct and Claudia really won.......and Jones is clean......and Platbum beat Alan Jouban.....and Yair will beat Frankie.........

since you said Claudia and but in the same sentence .. I shall do the honors and save this thread !! even if it were just one t

pSPQtM1.jpg

30207ca57a31f74ce74e6f85c6fadcff--ufc-women-ufc-fighters.jpg

it makes the division a lot more interesting now.

After Joanna beat Andrade people were writing her off as if she was not a good fighter like they usually do so it was nice to see her put a stamp on her place in the division.

Before it was just Joanna > Claudia >>>>> everybody else, but now with this shift it makes it a lot more interesting in the 115 division. It also shows what a monster Joanna was to be able to not only outstrike Andrade with ease, but stop her from taking her down.

Not really. She's still not that good technically. Claudia fucked up clinching and trying to take her down. If she would've stayed on the outside, she might not have gassed. Hats off to Jessica though, she the fucking terminator. Only difference now is that Everyone else is now fighting for second place instead of third.

Back