How many fights should be on a card?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Over the years, promotions have increased the amount of fights. Old UFC cards would have 8 fights. Today most cards have at least 10 fights, sometimes 13. Do you think that is enough or too much? I personally like a lot of fights, but every prelim last night went to decision which gave it a slow start. If the fights are good I'll happily watch 13 fights, but if you had to average everything 8-10 fights is plenty, especially for a Bellator show.

Tonight's Bellator card has 8 fights. Which do you prefer?

No one is forcing us to watch from the beginning...

Give each non-main event 30 minutes for TV.

2 Fight Pass fights
4 Prelim fights
5 Main card fights

11 fights in ~6 hours.

Give each non-main event 30 minutes for TV.

2 Fight Pass fights
4 Prelim fights
5 Main card fights

11 fights in ~6 hours.

And for the Upcoming card that has 3 title fights, drop a Fight Pass and main card fight to allow for extra rounds if necessary.

every prelim last night went to decision which gave it a slow start. I

FUUUUCK!!! I went straight to the Main Card was going to watch those tonight... I should've stayed off Sherdog until AFTER I watched the Prelims. You BASTARD!!!!! :D

FUUUUCK!!! I went straight to the Main Card was going to watch those tonight... I should've stayed off Sherdog until AFTER I watched the Prelims. You BASTARD!!!!! :D

That's your error mate.....not his!

10-12 fights is nice, especially if you go see it live.

11-13, you don't have to watch all the fights, UFC has to keep their roster with 500 fighters active, if you don't want 60 events by year with most of them being weak (due to no big names) you have to agree with currently number of fights

No one is forcing us to watch from the beginning...

Yeah I never fucking understood when people complained about the amount of fights on a card, the amount of fight cards, etc.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WATCH EVERY FIGHT OR EVERY CARD. Watch as much as you want. That's like walking into a store and complaining that they have too big of a selection. Fucking buy what you want and leave!

About the same as now. Pre lims are optional to watch, I usually skip them but watch the whole main card.

This Bellator event, I'll skip most of the card and just watch Bendo, Semtex and country fights.

10. And half the amount of annual events there are now.

they should just cut a shit ton of fighters from 145-170. or have challengers cards. 5-6 hours for 5 ranked fighters on fight night cards isn't great always. more short challengers cards could be more supplemental to PPV's than fight nights, cutting back the need for as many fight nights, increasing the number of good fights on PPV. have Joe lauzons and sean oconnels headline the challengers cards, if they really need headliners.

EDIT: I guess all that shit aside, 8 is nice in my mind.

If they cut the number of events in half then they would need about 24 fights to a card, make it an all day event 2 times a month.

I enjoy taking a full day off to commit to MMA

If they cut the number of events in half then they would need about 24 fights to a card, make it an all day event 2 times a month.

I enjoy taking a full day off to commit to MMA
A full day off cruising sherdog :D

I think the current format is good. They provide a clean separation between early, prelims and main card, so if you only want to watch the main card, it's really easy to do so. For the more hard core, you can watch 12+ fights nearly every weekend, and that's just UFC, let alone other organisations and other combat sports! Perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back