- Gomi retirement thread -

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Gomi has been looking literally like Gomi in Japanese for a few years.

I feel that it's time to hang them up for the best lightweight fighter of all time.

It was looking sad at first, then now it's just....personally upsetting.

Best lightweight fighter of all time.

Bye Gomi

Someone needs to install those Japanese nets for the gym he trains in

He got me into MMA regulatory. People forget that he was not only a great fighter but a very important one too. UFC competently got rid of the lightweights after Penn. Gomi's shooto days was him being a lay and pray fighter until he lost to Hellboy. Then he lost to Penn. Said "fuck the ground" and starting an insane run in Pride helping that brand grow and putting the LW division as a concept of being a draw on his shoulders. Keep in mind those Pride guys peaked 10-13 years ago. I just hope he doesn't fight because he needs the cash.

This guy should've retired TEN YEARS ago! Please never fight again, Gomi.

What is Gomi in Japanese?

Googled it: it can mean perfect, or trash. Lol wtf

If Gomi doesn't get cut, now's the time for Gomi vs. BJ II.
They're both at about the same level, and if they both wanna still fight then that fight will have the most hype behind it for either of them.
Get that BJ loss out of the way and prove he's the LW GOAT to those who don't already know it.

This guy should've retired TEN YEARS ago! Please never fight again, Gomi.

He should've retired after the Nick Diaz fight was changed to a no-contest and he was ranked as the #1 lightweight in the world?

Early stoppage last night imo, not saying he wouldn't have lost anyway but the guy is a legend, give him every chance to turn things around, he was knocked down, not out.

If Gomi doesn't get cut, now's the time for Gomi vs. BJ II.
They're both at about the same level, and if they both wanna still fight then that fight will have the most hype behind it for either of them.
Get that BJ loss out of the way and prove he's the LW GOAT to those who don't already know it.
I like this fight actually, good call.

Someone needs to install those Japanese nets for the gym he trains in
Those are chinese not japanese but you probably didn't know they are two completely different nations.

giphy.gif

Like BJ, he probably is so stubborn about retiring with a win. Sadly the game has passed them by badly.

Like BJ, he probably is so stubborn about retiring with a win. Sadly the game has passed them by badly.
I think he just wants the money ... he was not in shape last night.

My personal fav lightweight of all time, really hope he hangs them up.

Let him bang, bro
Give him Gaethje or Barboza

Those are chinese not japanese but you probably didn't know they are two completely different nations.
Fug you are right. I know Japs have high suicide rate so always thought the nets were there.

Back