Saki acknowledges cardio issues, motivated to train even harder

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
From his post fight interview.

I think that ring rust + the fact that he’s not used to fight in MMA can explain his cardio issues.

Good thing is that Saki acknowledges that and will make adjustments for his next fight.

He seemed highly motivated fight again, that’s awesome. I hope they give him a good striker next time.

When the fight was over I immediately said he needs to work on his cardio and he'll be a killer. Then he acknowledged it too in the post fight, I knew id be a fan. Guy looks like a legit prospect and his power is crazy.

Saki is the bomb but trying to come into MMA at 34 seems like a big leap. The type of endurance/skill required to not gas takes years to develop.

Hopefully he knocks a few more blocks off though!

If they don't Rush him to face a top 5-10

The future is Bright for him.

Needs two more tune Up fight imo

He gassed in the first round and he is a veteran in kickboxing

Don't expect any sort of drastic improvement

Lol, you are delusional. You have any idea how low level his last nights opponent was? He will never be a top10, highly unlikely.
It's LHW. Two more wins against nobodies and he will be top ten lol.

He's a natural fighter. He can absolutely crack the top ten and my expectations aren't even that high.

He's a natural fighter. He can absolutely crack the top ten and my expectations aren't even that high.

Lets wait he beats some top30 level LHW first. He likely wont.

That takes a little time so the body adapts to the new energy systems.
He's out of his kickboxing prime but still light years from anything that MMA has to offer.
Still MMA is highly volatile due to the small gloves, anything is possible but what a beautiful thing to see Saki in MMA.

Lets wait he beats some top30 level LHW first. He likely wont.
Do some research and look at the guys ranked from 10-20 in the UFC. Totally doable. His next opponent will be top 30 no doubt. They probably only have 35-40 active lhws on the roster

Do some research and look at the guys ranked from 10-20 in the UFC. Totally doable. His next opponent will be top 30 no doubt. They probably only have 35-40 active lhws on the roster

You have no reason to believe he should be the favorite against top30 LHWs. I understand you want to believe that because you would probably like to see him do well. But he wont, because he is so inexperienced in MMA and is already 33y. Thats just the reality. He already almost lost last night, that should have been an eyeopener.

it was an exciting fight but he had so many holes in his mma game it's hard to imagine he'll get too far imo

You have no reason to believe he should be the favorite against top30 LHWs. I understand you want to believe that because you would probably like to see him do well. But he wont, because he is so inexperienced in MMA and is already 33y. Thats just the reality. He already almost lost last night, that should have been an eyeopener.
I never said he'd be the favorite. I just said it's doable. I don't think he'd be a big underdog against a lot of guys ranked between 20-30. With the right matchups and obviously a lot more cardio and grappling he can do well. It's his first fight in 3 years and his first mma fight he trained for. He looked to have natural balance and Tdd.

Also lhw sucks. It's not some amazing feat to be ranked.

I never said he'd be the favorite. I just said it's doable. I don't think he'd be a big underdog against a lot of guys ranked between 20-30. With the right matchups and obviously a lot more cardio and grappling he can do well. It's his first fight in 3 years and his first mma fight he trained for. He looked to have natural balance and Tdd.

Also lhw sucks. It's not some amazing feat to be ranked.

Let's say he ranks at 10, for whatever reason, with the showing he gave, he's not gonna matter in the grand scheme of things.

If UFC plays it smart, they'll feed him nothing but shitty strikers who will stand and bang with him

This. Patrick Cummings is in the top 10 for Christ sake

he has a brutal power and decent tdd, but man the way he defended with mma gloves, got tagged with an elbow against the cage, not a good sign

he's way out of his prime unfortunately. Movement is great for kickboxing, but a strong wrassler would tire him out.

Was he really close to losing? It looked like a tough moment when he was gassed + against the cage, but he is SO much better at striking than Da Silva that he still got the KO in the unfavorable position.

In the first 4 minutes before his moment of weakness, it was sheer dominance. He is clearly light years better than Frankenstein.

Frankenstein is trash, but it's not a big climb to top 10 LHW. In spite of his weaknesses, he definitely has a chance. His striking is beautiful. So much power, speed, and accuracy.

Kinda reminds me of Volkan Oezdemir's first fight vs OSP where he dominated round 1 and then could barely move afterward.

Back