Gokhan gassed you fools.

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
Guess who also did in his UFC debut against OSP?

Volkan. And yet so many of you are drooling over him now and he's top 5 at LHW.

Give Gokhan some time to get used to the sport and fight some lower level guys in the UFC, then we'll see what his true potential is.

For the first 3 minutes he was completely outclassing Da Silva btw. He can do much better and beat much better opponents.

Gassed or not Gassed, I came for a Saki bomb and got a Saki bomb.

Clearly. All things considered, he looked good and obviously his striking is a problem for anyone.

Gassed or not Gassed, I came for a Saki bomb and got a Saki bomb.
It was glorious to see him fight in the octagon, even if it wasn't his best performance, but again, he's not very experienced in MMA.

Clearly. All things considered, he looked good and obviously his striking is a problem for anyone.

he looked terrible in the clinch. he was hurt by a few knees.

if that was manuwa or gus, he'd have been ko'd.

Honestly, it is strange how a K-1 fighter was able to defend the takedown, but had trouble defending the thai clinch.

His technique fresh can't be replicated by MMA guys, but I mean at this age and the skills of grapplers he's got the deck stacked against him.

Honestly, it is strange how a K-1 fighter was able to defend the takedown, but had trouble defending the thai clinch.

I didn't think he was concerned as much with the clinch as it was do or die that he defend every takedown

I didn't think he was concerned as much with the clinch as it was do or die that he defend every takedown

well imo that is a problem. he wasn't concerned with the clinch well he was rocked by a knee in the clinch and he was on shaky feet before he got that KO.

IMO though, I would think a pro-high level kickboxer would know how to defend it anyway

He needs at least 3-4 fights against mid level guys with long times in between to train everything

K-1 hasn't allowed the full clinch in over a decade.

Just one hand and one knee.

That said, he managed to break out of it quite easily early in the round, when he was FRESH.

Like I said, he gassed, given time to get used too the pace and the demands of MMA, he'll prove to be much better.

well imo that is a problem. he wasn't concerned with the clinch well he was rocked by a knee in the clinch and he was on shaky feet before he got that KO.

IMO though, I would think a pro-high level kickboxer would know how to defend it anyway

Imo he has a lot of flaws, he is what he is a 34 year old kick boxer.

I love watching him and know he's got that power I just don't think he's realistically going to accomplish much with so many holes in his game

A gassed Saki fight is is still 100x better than a safe Woodley fight

Imo he has a lot of flaws, he is what he is a 34 year old kick boxer.

I love watching him and know he's got that power I just don't think he's realistically going to accomplish much with so many holes in his game

Yeah, He is very fun to watch.

I hope he is booked against guys that will give him exciting fights, rather than book as a contender to the title.

If you put him vs a guy like phil davis (I know hes in bellator) for example, it would just be a waste because he gets wrestlefucked.

K-1 hasn't allowed the full clinch in over a decade.

Just one hand and one knee.

That said, he managed to break out of it quite easily early in the round, when he was FRESH.

Like I said, he gassed, given time to get used too the pace and the demands of MMA, he'll prove to be much better.

really? I could have sworn i saw overeem full clinching in his k-1 win.

WOuldn't they still train it though?

Yeah, He is very fun to watch.

I hope he is booked against guys that will give him exciting fights, rather than book as a contender to the title.

If you put him vs a guy like phil davis (I know hes in bellator) for example, it would just be a waste because he gets wrestlefucked.
That's what happened to Gus in his early fights, look at him now.

Fucking americans are so obsessed with fighters records and if they lose, they are shitty fighters.

I could give a fuck of gokhan pulled a dan hardy and went 0-5, i would still enjoy every one of those fights because he is fun to watch.

really? I could have sworn i saw overeem full clinching in his k-1 win.

WOuldn't they still train it though?
Yeah, he was warned several times, watch his fight vs Spong.

The ref and Spongs corner were pissed.

Back