Damn, Gomi's chin used to be amazing.

Momentosis

King Whitebelt
@Steel
Reaction score
But he pretty much got dropped by the first strike landed on him in his last 5 fights.

Dude hasn't even been in wars like Hunt, Leben, etc. and yet his chin just up and went one day. Guess the wear and tear of a long career just finally caught up to him in the Jury fight.

Hands down the most shot fighter in the UFC. Retirement has been long overdue.

Like one of my favs, Sam Stout
Granite chin, true warriors

3-4 last fights, they were done already

UFC dumbasses didn't do Gomi vs penn 2 for a reason.

His chin is about as solid as tapioca pudding.

They can not keep him on the roster. He needs to go.

Hard to see legends fall. But very few walk away on top of any sport.

And look like a Can...

Anyway, that's depressing .....

I am a bigger fan of Gomi over Penn any day of the week but Gomi is a little worse off a this point then Penn. Penn may look like crap but at least he can still take some shots. Gomi just...I dont even know...

I am a bigger fan of Gomi over Penn any day of the week but Gomi is a little worse off a this point then Penn. Penn may look like crap but at least he can still take some shots. Gomi just...I dont even know...
Like a lightweight Arlovski, but without the Power anymore...

Sad

But he pretty much got dropped by the first strike landed on him in his last 5 fights.

Dude hasn't even been in wars like Hunt, Leben, etc. and yet his chin just up and went one day. Guess the wear and tear of a long career just finally caught up to him in the Jury fight.

Gomi hasn't been in wars?...What? Lol

Every great chin will eventually crack if they keep fighting long enough. Gomi has been fighting professionally for nearly 20 years.

Great fighter in his prime but he's terribly shot these days.

You know very little about Gomi and don't deserve to utter his name ever again.

Legends threads backfire. Idiots just come in to hate.

Gomi has been my favorite fighter for a long time, he was mainly the reason I got into MMA and Pride. I even went to Japan to watch a Pride event that he headlined. In many ways his best days were past him even before he went to the UFC. But his decline the last few years has been painful and a bit unexpected, at least to me. From having the most solid chin in all of MMA and never being KO'd as well as being on a good win streak (the Sanches fight is debatable to say the least) he all of a sudden started to look like a frightened amateur. It is a bit painful to watch...i hope he retires now, because he is getting massacred.

So, how do you define wars? Dude has fought all the best LWs over 50+ fights the last 20 years, he has been in some wars, his Shooto fights, Penn, Pulver, Sakurai, Diaz, Azaredo x 2 etc were wars if you ask me...

Back