Saki needs to go back and train differently

RoninJin

Holla At Me If You Like My Avatar
@Black
Reaction score
First off, good win on his first debut but lord, he's a loooooong way from a DC fight.

He exhausted himself throwing everything into his haymakers and kicks. He did well against a couple of TDD, but that's not including clinch battles, wrestling, BJJ, or going into the 2nd round and beyond.

Definitely got to train differently like Hunt and conserve energy. The ref definitely stopped that fight prematurely, not to mention he was closely on the L

He needs to become more comfortable with the ground game not shy away from it. If he wants to last in mma he needs to embrace the ground game and improve there. He is already an amazing striker. He was afraid to pounce on a damaged opponent, that tells me he still has low confidence in the ground game.

his cardio was dogshit. he can look scary if he improves that. and his clinch

Definitely got to train differently like Hunt and conserve energy.

This is a great idea because of Saki's power.

But, Saki is usually the smaller fighter and in his weight class, will have to be the aggressor against taller fighters. He should fight like Mirko did in Pride and apply careful pressure to avoid the takedown, while picking them apart from the outside.

Last edited:
He said it in the post fight interview. Defending those takedowns and that clinch work wore him out. Like Hardy was talking about, it's a different type of cardio. Different muscle groups. Plus, someone inexperienced in those areas is going to be a lot less efficient with their energy in those spots than a more experienced mixed martial artist.

Back