Matt Serra was outstriking GSP before he hurt him and made GSP tap to strikes. Fight was not a fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matt Serra vs GSP 1 was not a fluke.

Matt Serra was outstriking GSP before GSP got rocked by Serra's right. Serra was landing good punches (to the head and body) and leg kicks before hurting GSP with the right. Serra landed more significant strikes than GSP before he rocked GSP. Rewatch the fight and tell me I'm wrong.

http://m.espn.com/extra/mma/fightstatistics?fightId=151836

Serra landed a total of 20 significant strikes

GSP landed a total of 6 significant strikes.

Some people, especially GSP fans, say that the first fight was a fluke but the stats and strikes landed say otherwise.

Thoughts?

It wasn't a fluke because neither man slipped on sweat, got poked, or got into some freak accident.

It was a fight dammit and GSP lost to a smaller man lol.

Some will argue "well if they fought 10 times GSP wins 9.6" on average" to equate "fluke" with "outlier"

Well, we don't KNOW that. On paper GSP should thrash Serra every single time.

WE only had two fights. Leave it be.

I'm not one of these silly guys who will claim GSP is the goat or anything but that hit to the back of the head is about as "fluke" as it gets. Looked like he ducked the punch clean but it landed right to the back of the head and really destroyed his balance and composure.

How did the rematch go? Anytime Gsp has lost he came back and destroyed the guy he lost to.

giphy.gif

GSP fans are officially the worst fanbase. At least the ConorTards have a sense of humor.

Stupid thread, GSP himself said "yup, I lost, he was better than me". That attitude is also why he always comes back stronger.

If it wasnt a fluke, how come he couldn't do it again and got dominated in the rematch? Plus it was the back of gsp head

GSP fans overwhelmingly did not believe the fight was a fluke. It is well documented in numerous threads. Look it up in the archives.

This is a FALSE NEWS thread. The accusation is preposterous.

Matt Serra vs GSP 1 was not a fluke.

Matt Serra was outstriking GSP before GSP got rocked by Serra's right. Serra was landing good punches (to the head and body) and leg kicks before hurting GSP with the right. Serra landed more significant strikes than GSP before he rocked GSP. Rewatch the fight and tell me I'm wrong.

http://m.espn.com/extra/mma/fightstatistics?fightId=151836

Serra landed a total of 20 significant strikes

GSP landed a total of 6 significant strikes.

Some people, especially GSP fans, say that the first fight was a fluke but the stats and strikes landed say otherwise.

Thoughts?
good points.

imo..IF Bisping can keep it standing he will ktfo of gsp. But that will be very difficult. Imo IF gsp gets him down HE IS NOT GETING BACK UP .. IF it goes the distance ,gsp wins and bisping will be beat the fuk up ugly ala finch,kos, and thiago...

Yeah we're all still waiting on the rubber match ...

I'm convinced Serra took a dive in the rematch.

That was not the same Serra in there.

He could have made him tap to strikes again but did not for some very odd reason.

The way he just rolled over in the rematch is indicative of a work.

My guess is that the UFC brass paid him off to maintain GSP as the marketable Canadian Cash Cow Champion.

It was only fitting that the second fight took place in Montreal.

Coincidence? I think not.

It's no secret fight is free on youtube, peoples just like pretend it was some kind of crazy fluke wich it was'nt

How did the rematch go? Anytime Gsp has lost he came back and destroyed the guy he lost to.

And nobody debate that, he fixed his style in the rematch and dominated

Thing is peoples pretend FIRST fight was some kind of crazy 1% of chances happening, wich was'nt the case

If you can magically make them replay many times theyr first fight, everytime with no prior experience, i can see Serra win most of these because it was'nt a lucky punch.

Serra just came there with that gameplan and GSP did'nt looked prepared for it.
He absolutely was in theyr second fight though

I'm convinced Serra took a dive in the rematch.

That was not the same Serra in there.

He could have made him tap to strikes again but did not for some very odd reason.

The way he just rolled over in the rematch is indicative of a work.

My guess is that the UFC brass paid him off to maintain GSP as the marketable Canadian Cash Cow Champion.

It was only fitting that the second fight took place in Montreal.

Coincidence? I think not.

Everything GSP is fishy....

Serra fought a hell of a fight and beat GSP. He'll always have that incredible win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back