So the future of the MW

Gervinho

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Gsp wins he is not gonna defend and go after conor. If bispung wins he will retire. We are in a position where neither the champ nor the challenger want to fight the top 5 in this division and would be underdog against the top 5. Absolute mess

Good thing we already have an Interim Champ on deck!

Whittaker vs Rockhold will be booked if both Bisping and GSP disappear

Bisping is the future. Bisping is also the past and present. The Count is the same: Yesterday, Today, Forever.

I'm pretty sure I've read GSP is contractually obligated to fight Whittaker if he wins.

I'm pretty sure I've read GSP is contractually obligated to fight Whittaker if he wins.
I just dont see it when money fight with conor is available and gsp has never confirmed it. He gets sneaky the few times he gets asked about this

If Gsp wins he is not gonna defend and go after conor. If bispung wins he will retire. We are in a position where neither the champ nor the challenger want to fight the top 5 in this division and would be underdog against the top 5. Absolute mess
GSP contract says he has to defend.

Bisping retires, GSP goes after money fights (Conor / Anderson). If Whittaker is ready, he fights Luke for the belt. If he's not, Luke fights Romero. Machida-Brunson winner fights Weidman-Jacare winner for next title shot.

All UFC contracts are at the discretion of the UFC. If the UFC so chooses they can ask GSP to fight Conor next.

Tier 1: Whittaker
Tier 2: Rockhold, Romero
Tier 3: Jacare, Weidman
Tier 4: Anderson, Gastelum

After GSP/ Bisping Whittaker will probably be made the real champ. Rockhold will probably get the TS if he beats Romero. If Romero wins, then I wouldn't mind Romero/ Whittaker II. Romero deserves a real title shot before he hits 50.

Weidman/ Jacare is being discussed. The loser of that will probably be out of title contention. I'm hoping Jacare will win, and he can.

Tier 1: Whittaker
Tier 2: Rockhold, Romero
Tier 3: Jacare, Weidman
Tier 4: Anderson, Gastelum

After GSP/ Bisping Whittaker will probably be made the real champ. Rockhold will probably get the TS if he beats Romero. If Romero wins, then I wouldn't mind Romero/ Whittaker II. Romero deserves a real title shot before he hits 50.

Weidman/ Jacare is being discussed. The loser of that will probably be out of title contention. I'm hoping Jacare will win, and he can.
Mike will still be champion and when the new Year rings in 2018 and the Count is still champion losers like you will cry.

Back