Is tag team MMA possible?

emema

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
not trying to troll. Has this ever been attempted? Can this be feasible. We already had single day tournaments where fighters fought multiple times on the same event. But what about if they fought in teams?

Edit: mind blown. Team MMA does exist but what about TAG team. Fighters can’t be all in the ring. Would be much more interesting. Can put a limit on how many tags are allowed in a round as well.

Last edited:
They did even more, like 5v5 or something like that. Is retard af

I hope it's like the fight scene in Anchorman

giphy.gif

Imagine if it was 2v2 inside a cage and your teammate gets KO’d in the first 20 seconds. You’re basically fucked.

Last thing we need is two fighters blasting each other a la Gaethje/Johnson and then one fighter making the tag and a fresh fighter comes in an tee's off on the other poor bastard .

There is a market for this , they should do it

How about 2 vs 1 from different weight classes? Mighty Mouse and Cejudo vs Gatheje? Also a dumb idea but hilarious to think about

I watched a couple events broadcasted in Russia with 2 on 2 MMA fighters. They wear protective head gear and stuff. When 1 of the fighters taps out due to strikes, submission or ref stoppage they then reset and it becomes 2 on 1. The 2 on 1 round lasts 1 minute if the 1 fighter can survive the 1 minute he wins.

oh man, that would make for some BRUTAL fights. imagine two guys stomping on one person? it would look like street fights.

How about 2 vs 1 from different weight classes? Mighty Mouse and Cejudo vs Gatheje? Also a dumb idea but hilarious to think about

i have to admit that i've been laughing at this idea.

We can only hope

Along with TLC
buried alive
Inferno matches
Last man standing

They have 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 and 5 vs 5 that I've seen so far. Crazy fucking Russians. Google it real quick

Imagine if it was 2v2 inside a cage and your teammate gets KO’d in the first 20 seconds. You’re basically fucked.
On one of the crazy russian events a guy was getting RNCed and armbarred at the same time, IIRC.

I watched a couple events broadcasted in Russia with 2 on 2 MMA fighters. They wear protective head gear and stuff. When 1 of the fighters taps out due to strikes, submission or ref stoppage they then reset and it becomes 2 on 1. The 2 on 1 round lasts 1 minute if the 1 fighter can survive the 1 minute he wins.

Holy shit. Its 2 vs 1 at same time? Lol that’s crazy. Team member has to be tagged in usually

They did even more, like 5v5 or something like that. Is retard af
Technically this would be considered a 5 on 5 tornado tag match with elimination rules; so yes, a version of the pro-wrestling tag team match has been attempted in MMA.

Back