Mizuto Hirota off Tomorrow's Card, Another Weight-Cut Related Cancellation.

Can they get Shinya Aoki on short notice?

Jussier Formiga vs. Ulka Sasaki bumped to main card.

Sucks for Charles. Guy cant catch a damn break.

Luckily I don't care about Hirota even a little. Sucks for his opponent but that's the fight game.

Sucks, I wanted to see hirota vs rosa. Would've been a good fight. Pretty sure rosa got paid his show money.

Jussier Formiga vs. Ulka Sasaki bumped to main card.

I'm happy mini-JDS gets off Fightpass, and a chance to try and shine again. He's one of the few dudes who DJ hasn't fought, and though he would deservingly be the underdog, has paid his dues, and would be good to see him in a big title fight before he retires.

So you're 5 lbs over the limit and then still it was too hard of a cut to even get medically cleared. Welcome to the LW div. Hirota, assuming you get to keep your roster spot.

I'm happy mini-JDS gets off Fightpass, and a chance to try and shine again. He's one of the few dudes who DJ hasn't fought, and though he would deservingly be the underdog, has paid his dues, and would be good to see him in a big title fight before he retires.
Jussier's had a hard time getting past that top tier. It's almost like a Michael Bisping situation before he became champ.

I'm equally interested in Ulka Sasaki this weekend though to be honest. At 5'10 he's a giant at flyweight and I'm a bit curious to see where that takes him.

Hirota hopefully has an explanation for such a big miss. He is only 5' 7" and not aware of any past issues making weight. Maybe recently sick or minor injury so couldn't sweat it out?

Jesus I can't remember a card lately that hasn't had one casualty

Sucks, I wanted to see hirota vs rosa. Would've been a good fight. Pretty sure rosa got paid his show money.

I hope UFC pay him the show money AND 30% Hirota's show money anyway, he was ready to fight and overweighted opponent

Anyone know how many lbs he cut?

I feel bad for his opponent. Imagine going through a brutal training camp, suffering for a week making the weight and then there's no fight. Hopefully he gets his money at least, that would kind of make it worth it I guess.

Back