McGregor Vs. Diaz 3

Sherdog'sOfficialBlackMan

African American Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Big money fights may be the only thing that matters in the WME era. We all know McGregor Vs. Diaz 3 is inevitable. With Mcgregor out indefinitely and Diaz holding out for big money we may not see either man in the octogon until mid 2018. IMO the only way the UFC can make McGregor Vs. Diaz 3 without loosing even more credibility is if McGregor vacates the title.

If McGregor vacates the LW title before the rubber match will MMA purists accept it as legitimate? Will casual fans still tune in en masse if no title is on the line? Will Dana ever strip the promotions golden boy?

Discuss...

They will not vacate the title it's worth more mo eh if theirs title implications

Conor probably wants khabib first because win or lose, that fight with nate will still be there

Big money fights may be the only thing that matters in the WME era. We all know McGregor Vs. Diaz 3 is inevitable. With Mcgregor out indefinitely and Diaz holding out for big money we may not see either man in the octogon until mid 2018. IMO the only way the UFC can make McGregor Vs. Diaz 3 without loosing even more credibility is if McGregor vacates the title.

If McGregor vacates the LW title before the rubber match will MMA purists accept it as legitimate? Will casual fans still tune in en masse if no title is on the line? Will Dana ever strip the promotions golden boy?

Discuss...
Just saw on Facebook this fight is happening wtf notfrom a reliable source though

WME have single handedly ruined UFC.

Just saw on Facebook this fight is happening wtf notfrom a reliable source though

I think the fight is inevitable. It's really the only fight that doesn't completely squander McGregors star power but I think he should vacate the tittle first.

McGregor vs. Diaz III will be for the LW belt, even though there is a interim LW title. not much diff than GSP vs. Bisping

if McGregor wants it, and it draws, who is anyone to say otherwise? UFC can tell Kevin Lee or Ferguson winner to fake an injury and "take time off" and they will have a pay day with the winner of Conor vs. Diaz to justify it being for the belt

ala Whittaker being "hurt"

no one found it suspicious that Dana White made it clear that GSP HAS to defend the belt if he wins?? I am pretty sure Dana White spoke to Robert Whittaker, told him to fake the leg injury, but he is guaranteed GSP when he comes back

I have no sources and made all this up btw, but started believing it as I typed it

Why can't they fight for the title? Khabib is injured and Tony has not fought a true contender.

Why can't they fight for the title? Khabib is injured and Tony has not fought a true contender.

in theory? because Kevin and Tony are fighting for the interim title, for Conor to come back as champion and defend against someone else defeats the whole purpose of the interim title and makes a mockery of it all

Conor's team already said Conor didn't even know who Kevin was until recently and the Tony fight doesn't excite him. The next fight will be Nate, for the belt. UFC brass is talking about giving Conor part stock in the company, they won't tell him no to any fight demands he makes.

that is why I believe Kevin or Tony winner will have an injury and coincidentally afterwards, Conor vs. Diaz 3 will be made

wallah

This fight makes no sense for the ufc right now.

If WME makes the fight right now, it just shows how clueless they actually are.

His last 3 fights were Barboza, Dos Anjos and Lando. Yep no true contenders :rolleyes:

Conor should fight the winner of Ferguson vs. Lee time to cut the bullshit now..

Conor will avoid Khabib, Tony, Kevin Lee, Barboza, and everyone in the top 5 and will fight Nate instead. Tony vs Lee will be for the real belt, Conor only fights for money now, and I don't blame him. Even Nate has said it in the past, belts don't mean shit without the big money behind it...and Conor is the golden goose for Nate, it makes no sense for him to ever fight again unless it is Conor, and Conor will only fight Nate.

This fight makes no sense for the ufc right now.

If WME makes the fight right now, it just shows how clueless they actually are.

like I said, it will be justified when the winner of Tony vs. Kevin Lee gets injured after the fight, Khabib is still taking time of being Khabib, and the next one up just happens to be Nate

like I said, it will be justified when the winner of Tony vs. Kevin Lee gets injured after the fight, Khabib is still taking time of being Khabib, and the next one up just happens to be Nate
Nope

It happens when Conor loses his next fight, as 1-1 will sell anyway.

I think they don't wanna take a risk with Khabib since they invest much money in the marketing in Conors fights. Khabib has pulled out several times, sometimes injury related and sometimes weight-cut related, so he is a tremendous double risk.

Last edited:
Back