Just because a fighter only got caught once doesn't mean they only cheated once

thehighking

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I see a lot of people give the benefit of the doubt to proven cheaters and assume they were clean for most of their careers as they passed other drug tests. The reality is that these cheaters are experts at cycling and masking their steroid use so if they fail one drug test they were likely cheating their entire career.

PS. Thank you USADA for helping to clean up our sport, cheaters are cowards and deserve to be banned for life

It's so true, and...kinda obvious.

I'll just throw this into the mix of stating the obvious: Just cuz you never got caught, doesn't mean that you weren't cheating.

I see a lot of people give the benefit of the doubt to proven cheaters and assume they were clean for most of their careers as they passed other drug tests. The reality is that these cheaters are experts at cycling and masking their steroid use so if they fail one drug test they were likely cheating their entire career.

PS. Thank you USADA for helping to clean up our sport, cheaters are cowards and deserve to be banned for life
Id say the experts are the ones whom never been caught.

Anderson Silva agrees with you.

"When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights, when you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug and it’s not good for the sport."

You know, In the same breath that means just because you haven't been caught doesn't mean you're not a cheater.
Anderson Silva agrees with you.

"When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights, when you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug and it’s not good for the sport."

how ironic

I agree for the most part. If there is anyone who is possibly an exception to this rule, it's Anderson Silva. That leg break was horrific and I could see him using PEDs to help recover from it and get back into training quicker for his return against Diaz. Plus, he has always passed the eye test for what that's worth. His body has never looked shredded or changed much throughout his entire career. He looks natural. Again, I know...grain of salt.

Just because a fighter doesnt test positive doesnt mean hes clean. Every other fighter could be on them, like you said, they do a good job of masking and hiding it. I wont name any names because i got yellowed for sharing what i think but i think you get the picture.

I agree for the most part. If there is anyone who is possibly an exception to this rule, it's Anderson Silva. That leg break was horrific and I could see him using PEDs to help recover from it and get back into training quicker for his return against Diaz..

yeh, makes total sense to take a steroid that is known to weaken bones to repair from an injury

also makes sense that he would take multiple substances on multiple occasions in teh run up to the fight. not like he was trying to gain an advantange or anything

Yes, but we can't say that with certainty either.

yeh, makes total sense to take a steroid that is known to weaken bones to repair from an injury

also makes sense that he would take multiple substances on multiple occasions in teh run up to the fight. not like he was trying to gain an advantange or anything
Aren't there some roids that help you recover faster? Can't point finger at anyone, but there many fighters that came back from injuries much earlier than the estimated recovery time.

Just because you haven't been caught doesn't mean you haven't cheated.

Aren't there some roids that help you recover faster? Can't point finger at anyone, but there many fighters that came back from injuries much earlier than the estimated recovery time.

to be honest, one of the best things to use to recover from normal injuries, muscle injuries etc is corticosteroids which is totally legal out of competition (and very widely abused)

Yes, why do you think NFL players come back from some injuries so quick.

Back