Sports Illustrated puts Conor McGregor at #9 of "50 most fit athletes in sports" (GGG #11, MM #15)

Son Peyote

★★★★★★★★
@Brown
Reaction score
hi-res-9ef819ee2222a7cdf67e444c639ce154_crop_north.jpg

SI said:
Ireland’s unapologetic, unabashed superstar athlete may have lost to Floyd Mayweather, but the 29-year-old’s ability to compete against one of boxing’s best—after already making history in a completely different sport, becoming the first to hold two UFC belts at two different weight divisions at one time—speaks to his insane level of fitness and athletic abilities.

https://www.si.com/specials/fittest50-2017/men.html

Conor McGregor brought MMA from shadows to spotlight!

Now he's proving AAA+ level athletes exist in the sport of MMA.

Conor Bless​

Say what you want, Conor is mainstream as hell. People who don't know what MMA is know who he is.

He just gassed out against a 40 year old.

Cool.

If we're being completely honestly, the top 50 most fit athletes would be MMA fighters/boxers if it were a legit list.

LOL so that's what gassing out in a boxing match gets you?

He's perfectly fit. His suits fit perfectly.

When I think fit, I think McGregor. And his suits.

Winning a LW belt by going 1-1 with Nate at welterweight has got nothing to do with level of fitness and athletic abilities.

Winning a LW belt by going 1-1 with Nate at welterweight has got nothing to do with level of fitness and athletic abilities.

Go ask Jose and Eddie if Conor was gifted anything.

LOL so that's what gassing out in a boxing match gets you?

He just gassed out against a 40 year old.

It takes years for pro boxers to go from 4 rounds to 12.

Debuting Conor lasted 10 boxing rounds with Floyd Mayweather.

Floyd wouldn't last 1 MMA round with Conor McGregor.

Conor Bless these casuals.

Ninth most gassiest athlete of all time.

ESPN been giving DJ a lot of praise lately. Slowly he's being recoginized as a great.

Theres probably more than 20 soccer players in europe that are twice as athletic and in shape. Conor just has the limelight on him, so he's going to be considered in everything regardless if he's in the top or not.

its a 12 round boxing match. even boxers who have boxed 12 round matches gas in 12 round matches.

nobody can box a 12 round professional match without gassing unless theyve done it many times

The fact that he lasted 10 rounds with only 3-4 months speaks volumes about where his conditioning is at. If he had longer to prepare, there's no doubt that he could have went the full 12.

He gassed vs. Nate though. There's definitely guys in MMA with a better gas tank than Conor.

Theres probably more than 20 soccer players in europe that are twice as athletic and in shape. Conor just has the limelight on him, so he's going to be considered in everything regardless if he's in the top or not.
Soccer players. <mma4><36>

It takes years for pro boxers to go from 4 rounds to 12.

Debuting Conor lasted 10 boxing rounds with Floyd Mayweather.

Floyd wouldn't last 1 MMA round with Conor McGregor.

Conor Bless these casuals.

Who needs 4 rounds when this was your prediction?

I've been boxing my whole life

and let me tell you

Conor KO's Floyd in the 1st exchange

nick-cage-lol.gif

Back