Bisping should vacate the belt to fight GSP

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have no problem with two legendary old timers avoiding elite competition to put on a money fight. I do have a problem with the fact that neither Bisping or GSP would stand a chance as champ if any of the contenders had the opportunity for a tittle shot. Everyone knows it. The belt has become a farse.

Obviously that would be the case in a world made of logic

Sadly, this ain't that world :(

I have no problem with two legendary old timers avoiding elite competition to put on a money fight. I do have a problem with the fact that neither Bisping or GSP would stand a chance as champ if any of the contenders had the opportunity for a tittle shot. Everyone knows it. The belt has become a farse.

The interim champ is injured, so it makes perfect sense! Romero had a chance for a shot he lost and now that Aussie WW is injured. Rockhold sulked for god knows how many months and has only just got a win.. Jacare got knocked out.

GSP fighting again for a title is a marketing dream for the UFC. No way he's fighting not for the belt.

UFC belt system is currently a joke, this "money fight" shit is also a joke. Maybe I'm just old though and the current 18-34 only care about drama and so called money fights, maybe the best fighting the best is no longer a concern for the new generation of mma fans.

He'll got down as the GOAT, when he beats Bisping, Whitaker, Woodley and McGregor, in that order. Watch.

Wew good thing u saved us on that one, u really added to the discussion too. Fucking dick riders.

Im down with that logic with and option on a immediate ts after and the same should apply to Conner

Wew good thing u saved us on that one, u really added to the discussion too. Fucking dick riders.

Im down with that logic with and option on a immediate ts after and the same should apply to Conner
Farce.

You lost me at Bisping doesn't stand a chance against any of the MW contenders....

Carry on not making valid points though.

Out of curiousity, would people against these super fights be more in favour if they are non-title?

On one hand, it keeps things more legitimate, but on the other hand it ties up divisions.

Out of curiousity, would people against these super fights be more in favour if they are non-title?

On one hand, it keeps things more legitimate, but on the other hand it ties up divisions.
Ya i think so. Thing that bugs me is that champs shouldn't get to call for money/easy fights until the division is cleaned out. MW has at least 6-7 real contenders Mike should of fought before Hendo and gsp and by the time he would have fought the 6-7 guys there would be new conterders. Champs should only fight to 5 guys

Ya i think so. Thing that bugs me is that champs shouldn't get to call for money/easy fights until the division is cleaned out. MW has at least 6-7 real contenders Mike should of fought before Hendo and gsp and by the time he would have fought the 6-7 guys there would be new conterders. Champs should only fight to 5 guys

Ya it's weird..I remember maybe a couple years back UFC introduced the rankings and said it was to help legitimize the standings...but here we are now.

The belt is for marketing. This is a fact as long as it's not based on a system, like a tournament, for example.

You lost me at Bisping doesn't stand a chance against any of the MW contenders....

Carry on not making valid points though.

What the poster said is irrelevant, bisping HIMSELF dosent believe he stands a chance, that's why he DUCKED them.

He's probably going to retire after this fight. Even though it is pretty selfish in the grand scheme of things but why wouldn't he want to go out with the belt?

Back