UFC Fight Night 117 Saint Preux vs. Okami weigh-ins (No ceremonial weigh ins for this card)

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
UFC-Saint-Preux-vs-Okami-FXX-Poster.jpg

Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami
Cláudia Gadelha vs. Jéssica Andrade
Takanori Gomi vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Gökhan Saki vs. Henrique da Silva
Teruto Ishihara vs. Rolando Dy
Mizuto Hirota vs. Charles Rosa

Preliminary Card (FXX)

Keita Nakamura vs. Alex Morono
Jussier Formiga vs. Ulka Sasaki
Syuri Kondo vs. Chan-Mi Jeon
Shinsho Anzai vs. Luke Jumeau

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Daichi Abe vs. Hyun Gyu Lim

1332.png

*REMINDER*

UFC Fight Night 117 takes place this FRIDAY NIGHT

"Okami, who most recently has been fighting at welterweight...made weight without an issue. In fact, unlike most fighters, he didn’t even strip down to his underwear and instead wore regular shorts and tipped the scale at 203.5 pounds – well under the 206-pound limit. Saint Preux, meanwhile, weighed 206."

Dang. There will be a huge weight difference come fight time. This is one of the worst UFC size mismatches in years. I hope Okami doesn't take any serious damage.

Last edited:
Mizuto Hirota missed weight by 5 pounds. The bout will continue and Hirota has been fined 30 percent of his purse, which goes to Rosa.

5 pounds is insane. Needs to get off that Hendricks diet

always been a big okami fan, but he's so over the hill and the size difference is massive.

this will probably be depressing, and then i gotta watch gomi probably get fuckin steamrolled again? FUCK.

<DCrying>

always been a big okami fan, but he's so over the hill and the size difference is massive.

this will probably be depressing, and then i gotta watch gomi probably get fuckin steamrolled again? FUCK.

<DCrying>

Yeah, this reminds me of the dark side of Pride--sending much smaller Japanese fighters against Arona, Wand, etc...like lambs to the slaughter.

a couple of good fights in the card but i dont care much tbh.
I just wanna see Gokhan Saki !!

Yeah, this reminds me of the dark side of Pride--sending much smaller Japanese fighters against Arona, Wand, etc...like lambs to the slaughter.

The UFC has clearly been learning lessons from Pride.
Unfortunately they're learning all the wrong ones.
At least they haven't gone full Minowa-man yet with the freak shows.

Very true. Maybe Minowa vs. CM Punk? Though Pride would do Minowa vs. Lesnar or full PED Overeem.

Minowaman was a Dream thing. Ikuhisa Minowa was mostly fighting on Bushido in PRIDE.

Minowaman was a Dream thing. Ikuhisa Minowa was mostly fighting on Bushido in PRIDE.

True enough, but it's not like Pride was nice to him. Gets Rampage and Wandy as his first 2 fights, and near the end it was full freak show with matches against Giant Silva and Cro Cop. Dude got thrown to the lions.

True enough, but it's not like Pride was nice to him. Gets Rampage and Wandy as his first 2 fights, and near the end it was full freak show with matches against Giant Silva and Cro Cop. Dude got thrown to the lions.

PRIDE had filler matches. They do the same thing in Thailand with boxing & muay thai, with champs over there fighting several times a year to collect a paycheck. I think PRIDE first figured he would be a jobber, but the entertainment and heart that he brought to the game, they kept him around.

After it folded later DREAM just went crazy with it and jumped the shark with Minowaman; but its Dream/K-1 that always had the cringey freakshow matches. PRIDE's mismatches were much more entertaining and wasn't reliant on gimmick. They didn't have any non-fighters like comedians or baseball players fighting on there either.

Mizuto Hirota missed weight by 5 pounds. The bout will continue and Hirota has been fined 30 percent of his purse, which goes to Rosa.

man Mizuto looked like absolute shit too...he could barely stand up after bowing to the media

UFC matchmaking :(

Did they replace Joe Silva with his retarded cousin?

I wonder how many are going to be surprised when they realize Gomi is not fighting Stun Gun

The Preview summed up the myth of Okami being a big MW very well: "While Okami may be 6-foot-2, he has thin legs, a tiny waist and no upper body development apart from big biceps and shoulders. He is essentially built like a palm tree. In fact, he will give up eight inches of reach to St. Preux despite giving up just one inch in height.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/article...-St-Preux-vs-Okami-127099#X41A5t4qFTBFmMxu.99

Back