How would you feel if they "Lance Armstrong'd" Jon Jones and other serial cheaters?

DannyNL

The King is BACK, baby!
Banned
Reaction score
With Lance as we know they went back and retroactively took all his wins and titles away and basically erased him from the sport.

How would you feel if they did something similar to Jon Jones? Went back and turned all his UFC wins into no contests and erased his name from the record books? So that if he does eventually come back, he would have to basically start at 0-0, and his opponents would have that loss erased off their record. It would be great for a guy like Cormier who had the courage to fight clean, and the only blemish on his record is of a guy 10 years younger who was using PEDs.

Would this be too harsh? Or is it what is needed to truly deter cheaters? Because obviously there is still a problem - guys know they are going to be randomly tested and they're STILL using PEDs.

If you did that to Jones, you'd have to do it for Barnett, Vitor, Wand, Chael, and the list goes on...

I like how everyone pretends like Jon is the only one to ever be caught..

As a wise man once said - "They're all on steroids!"

Not surprising, every top fighter before USADA was on steroids, including fan favorites like GSP

They can't do that would erase half of mma history.

No one gives a fook about bike racing

If you did that to Jones, you'd have to do it for Barnett, Vitor, Wand, Chael, and the list goes on...

They're purposefully turning a blind eye to the truth in order to get out their hate for Jones.

Go take away all of Anderson's belts while you're at it TS.

If they pulled up the last 10 years of drug tests for all fighters, there'd be like 12 non no contests in the history of MMA.

I care more about the absurd bullshit regarding differences in weigh-in weight and step in the ring weight more than I care about steroids.

Its going to happen either way. Jones wont be on any GOAT lists. He'll feature prominently on ped articles, documentaries, etc though.

Misquote mate, he was closer to saying "we're all on steroids" when he said "everyone's on steroids". Just because you're not the hulk doesn't mean anything esp. when you're a very tall for your weight class.

Its going to happen either way. Jones wont be on any GOAT lists. He'll feature prominently on ped articles, documentaries, etc though.

Hopefully they have been filming the sequel for the Smashing machine. No reason for us not to continue being entertained, I suspect his love life will be like the orgy scene in the wire instead of poor Kerr chasing the lunatic oh his

That 'wise man' was speaking about his own teammates.

With Lance as we know they went back and retroactively took all his wins and titles away and basically erased him from the sport.

How would you feel if they did something similar to Jon Jones? Went back and turned all his UFC wins into no contests and erased his name from the record books? So that if he does eventually come back, he would have to basically start at 0-0, and his opponents would have that loss erased off their record. It would be great for a guy like Cormier who had the courage to fight clean, and the only blemish on his record is of a guy 10 years younger who was using PEDs.

Would this be too harsh? Or is it what is needed to truly deter cheaters? Because obviously there is still a problem - guys know they are going to be randomly tested and they're STILL using PEDs.

Wouldn't care. It is already funny enough that a study implies the drugs Armstrong took have no statistical benefit (although the study design had some inference limitations)

It's apples and oranges. Read this and you'll see why:

https://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/ReasonedDecision.pdf

I think a lifetime ban and reversal of all wins is the only option that can save the sport for clean fighters and honorable fans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back