Is Kevin Lee the best LW in the world?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I believe so.

He'll take Ferguson down and eventually submit him after great top control and g&p.

Conor won't be able to defend the TDs and pressure of Lee and eventually relent.

Khabib is his toughest matchup due to his Sambo background. Still Kevin has a good shot of winning with his improved striking.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
If he beats Cucuy, then he's certainly in the discussion, yes.

<{CMPALM}>

<{cruzshake}>

Dude they haven't fought yet. Relax.

If he beats Tony then I'd entertain the notion. I'd like to see him fight Khabib and a few other top 5ers before making that call.

I definitely think he's an especial fighter and he could be the best. If I had to pick one guy to spend the most time with the lightweight strap over the next 5 years, it would not be him. But I would not be surprised if he became champ or even a dominant champ.

If he beats Tony then I'd entertain the notion. I'd like to see him fight Khabib and a few other top 5ers before making that call.
That's not fair to have to beat Khabib tho. People have been trying to fight him for years and he rarely shows up on fight night.

That's not fair to have to beat Khabib tho. People have been trying to fight him for years and he rarely shows up on fight night.
He has show up 24/26 scheduled fights. Rarely is an exaggeration.

If Khabib gets his health in order then yes, I think Lee should fight him for that title.

It's gotta be between him n tony. The winner should be no.1

If khabib was healthy he would probably no.1.

I believe so.

He'll take Ferguson down and eventually submit him after great top control and g&p.

Conor won't be able to defend the TDs and pressure of Lee and eventually relent.

Khabib is a tougher matchup due to his Sambo background. Still Kevin has a very good shot of winning with his ever-improving striking.

Thoughts?
<DontBelieve1>

Tony is a massive LW. He will dictate the pace, and wear Kevin Lee out just like
he did to RDA. RDA has better striking and better grappling than Lee and he couldn't
do jack all against El Cucuy.

He has show up 24/26 scheduled fights. Rarely is an exaggeration.

If Khabib gets his health in order then yes, I think Lee should fight him for that title.
where does 24/26 come from? It obviously doesn't include fights he pulled out of relatively early on, and even if that fraction were true, it doesn't exactly tell the whole story because it doesn't tell you how he didn't fight for two years between 2014 and 2016 and how he hasn't fought in the past year.

He's good and on a good run, but I think you're getting ahead of yourself here TS.

I believe so.

Khabib is a tougher matchup due to his Sambo background. Still Kevin has a very good shot of winning with his ever-improving striking.

Thoughts?
Submit Ferg?

Almost 0% chance.

Can he beat him some other way?
Maybe.

Is he the best?
Probably not.

He has the right type of mindset to be number 1

I also think he has the tools to beat all those guys

Just gotta put them together

Lee is a hype machine at the moment.

He has a win over a fringe top 10 guy (Chiesa) and that's it...

He and that idiot Perry get so much overblown hype on the boards, it has become a source of amusement.

Lee should have had a couple of top 10 fights before fighting Ferguson. As it stands, he gets wiped out and has to rebuild himself.

where does 24/26 come from? It obviously doesn't include fights he pulled out of relatively early on, and even if that fraction were true, it doesn't exactly tell the whole story because it doesn't tell you how he didn't fight for two years between 2014 and 2016 and how he hasn't fought in the past year.
Do you have any sources stating that he pulled out of fights early on or is that an assumption? If you have a source then I'll retract my claim, otherwise it is perfectly valid.

Your also aren't telling the whole story. He couldn't fight in that time frame because he was undergoing surgery and rehab for his knee. That was beyond his control

This year was a shit show and entirely his fault. Hopefully he fights by December and gets back to doing at least two fights a year.

At this moment, my order goes like this:

1. Tony Ferguson
2. Conor McGregor
3. Khabib Nurmagomedov
4. Kevin Lee
5. Edson Barboza

Kevin could rise to No.1 if he beats Tony, even though I think Conor is a tough match-up for him stylistically.
Lee over Barboza???!?!?!?!?!

<DisgustingHHH>

Back