Matt Brown/Diego Sanchez vs Mike Perry

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
winner of Matt Brown vs Diego Sanchez should get the perry fight

Just bleeeeeeeedddddddddddd

Then they will just discredit the win like they did with Ellenberger.

Diego has literally 3 functioning brain cells left, so I'm hoping they won't put him up against platinum at this stage in his career.

drunk-rod.jpeg

Last edited:
When is Perry vs Sanchez?

Then they will just discredit the win like they did with Ellenberger.
People don't discredit the win. They just put it in perspective.

Ellenberger was winning until he ate the elbow from death.

That fight told me that Perry does have serious power. But it also exposed Perry. If you don't brawl with Perry you have a very good chance to beat him.

Man someone needs to save Diego from himself. So please no for him.

Matt brown is a banger with a chin. Glass body. Sure why not him.

I feel that his chin was already diminished by the time he fought Cowboy, and it'll only have gotten worse from that KO.

Exactly how many times has Cowboy knocked someone OUT COLD prior to that win?

Compare that number with the amount of times Perry has knocked people dead, and that will answer all of your questions.
Good point. But we have seen in the octogon Cowboy break someone's jaw with a HK and they verbally submit.

I'm a Matt Brown supporter. That Eric Silva fight is still one of my favs. He's been in there with Ruthless, WB, Hendricks, Lytle twice, Doomsday. He's been in there with people they could over shot him and survive.

I like Brown vs Perry for sure. Not a fan of Perry but I have to admit he's a Powerhouse. Brown via Fight IQ..

Timing is way off for that to happen...Perry is good to go and the Sanchez/Brown fight is two months away and the winner will need at least 3 months to back up. Not even worth discussing.

I think they'll give him Usman, given they fought and won on the same card, they are similarly ranked, and it's guaranteed fireworks...it makes complete sense.

Anyway, Diego should retire after Matt Brown turns his lights out. Brown should seriously consider retirement too, and the last fight either of them need is against a young power puncher like Perry.

No for gods sake dont throw diego in there. Please diego retire.

I want to see Gastalum vs Platino

Diego needs to retire now. No more fights for the guy ffs.

I feel that his chin was already diminished by the time he fought Cowboy, and it'll only have gotten worse from that KO.

Exactly how many times has Cowboy knocked someone OUT COLD prior to that win?

Compare that number with the amount of times Perry has knocked people dead, and that will answer all of your questions.

I don't really understand your logic here.

Cerrone kicks people in the head really hard. In fact, he kicks harder than Mike Perry can punch or elbow.

I don't see how that demonstrates the deterioration of Matt Brown's chin.

That said, I do think Brown vs Perry could be a good fight. But using some perspective also isn't a bad thing.

Perry vs Brown makes a lot of sense, it would be a good fight. Matt is a really experienced veteran, and Perry is a talented prospect that needs to be challenged. This is a winnable fight for Perry, and offers an opponent that would force Mike to shore up other aspects of his game. If the goal is to develop Perry into a more complete fighter, than Brown is the obvious choice, if the goal is just to get an exciting fight, then either Brown on Diego would suffice.

Not sure why Diego is still fighting, he is done as a serious contender. I know his name still has a lot of cache, but in reality, he is a shadow of his former self. Diego abandoned his world-class grappling creds years ago and now stands in the middle of the ring, flat-footed, seeking a "let's bleed' war of attrition. He style has endeared him to a certain portion of the UFC fan base, most notably Dana himself, but has been brutal to his win-loss record.

Diego may beat Brown, but putting him in the ring with Perry would be a disaster, not to mention do little for Perry other than adding a name brand opponent to his victim list. Sanchez would just walk to the middle of the octagon, and scream for a slug-fest. Brown on the other hand, would challenge Perry on a whole different level, his game is far more well-rounded at this point in his career (which is sad, Diego WAS a dynamic fighter in another life.)

Both Brown and Sanchez need to retire IMO. They are starting to lose by knockouts despite historically being known for their durability.

Matt Brown has the potential to drag Plat into the later rounds and press him, and he comes straight ahead, which makes for either a quick finish or a war.

Diego's best div has always been WW, but his body doesn't look the same since he's been going down in weight for too much and too long. Maybe his chin holds up better when he doesn't have to cut. Diego has nothing when his chin goes, with that style.

Perry vs Brown makes a lot of sense, it would be a good fight. Matt is a really experienced veteran, and Perry is a talented prospect that needs to be challenged. This is a winnable fight for Perry, and offers an opponent that would force Mike to shore up other aspects of his game. If the goal is to develop Perry into a more complete fighter, than Brown is the obvious choice, if the goal is just to get an exciting fight, then either Brown on Diego would suffice.

Not sure why Diego is still fighting, he is done as a serious contender. I know his name still has a lot of cache, but in reality, he is a shadow of his former self. Diego abandoned his world-class grappling creds years ago and now stands in the middle of the ring, flat-footed, seeking a "let's bleed' war of attrition. He style has endeared him to a certain portion of the UFC fan base, most notably Dana himself, but has been brutal to his win-loss record.

Diego may beat Brown, but putting him in the ring with Perry would be a disaster, not to mention do little for Perry other than adding a name brand opponent to his victim list. Sanchez would just walk to the middle of the octagon, and scream for a slug-fest. Brown on the other hand, would challenge Perry on a whole different level, his game is far more well-rounded at this point in his career (which is sad, Diego WAS a dynamic fighter in another life.)
It would just mean months more of haters saying he beat another faded name, so while I agree with pretty much everything you said there, I don't think Mike wants to to fight someone now ranked behind him, and he was especially disparaging about the Matt Brown matchup awhile back

You sick sick people. These two are already suffering from CTE and you want them to fight the p4p hardest hitting fighter?

You sick sick people. These two are already suffering from CTE and you want them to fight the p4p hardest hitting fighter?
I would start a petition if they matched Sanchez against Perry, that would be horribly one sided.

Back