Why is Thales Leites vs Brad Tavares on fight pass?

DamonX

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
UFC 216 fight order has just been announced. Leites vs Tavares is on fight pass, While Pearl Gonzalez vs Poliana Botelho is on the FXX prelims.

Pearl is 6-2. (0-1 UFC) Botelho is 5-1, with no UFC fights.

Leites is is former title challenger. 27-7 Tavares is 15-4.

I can see this not being on the main card but being regulated to the fight pass card? Is the UFC hoping that one of Pearl's fake boobs pops out? Please tell me how this fight beats out Leites vs Tavares.

Also they demoted Walt Harris who win or lose seems to always produce finishes in there.

Sometimes they put a decent fight on fight pass to keep ppl paying for subscriptions

Cause Brad Tavares is fucking BORING. Also, Pearl Gonzalez cause... Two reasons
0407-pearl-gonzalez-photos-1.jpg

So what, fuck fight pass? Each channel (FP, FXX, and ppv) need marquee matchups. They want people to buy Fightpass just as much as UFC wants the cable providers happy. So bout order isn't too significant.

When I went to the Portland Fight Night the biggest name was Marquardt vs McRory. Fight Pass headliner

Obviously to up those Fight Pass sales numbers and get the most amount of eyes on Pearl's tits.

I can hear Bruce Buffer now..."fighting out of the blue corner....Pearl "necklace" Gonzalezzzzzzz"

Leites last 2 fights have been boring. His also doesn't have 3 rounds of cardio either(watch his last two fights before you think I am ripping on him).
I like the guy though, always says the right things.

Back