'Jacare' Souza’s manager suggests Chris Weidman fight could be next in UFC

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I believe that Weidman might be the next fight, in late-December or early-January, if that’s a good date for the UFC to book this fight,” Faria told MMA Fighting. “When we get closer to that date, we’ll see more clearly what the options are for Jacare’s next opponent."

Souza will only have an exact idea when he will be back in action after he comes back to training, Faria said.

According to the manager, the UFC has reached out to him offering fights with Luke Rockhold and Lyoto Machida for September and October, respectively, but the dates wouldn’t work. Rockhold ended up being booked against David Branch in the main event of Saturday’s UFC Pittsburgh, while Machida faces Derek Brunson at UFC Sao Paulo on Oct. 28.

“Jacare" (24-5, 1 no-contest) suffered only three defeats under the UFC and Strikeforce banners, including a close decision loss to Rockhold in 2011. He beat his other 14 opponents, including stoppage victories over Vitor Belfort, Gegard Mousasi, Robbie Lawler and Derek Brunson.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...manager-suggests-chris-weidman-fight-next-ufc

I wouldnt be surprised.

Makes sense i guess...

Right after he fights Chris Camozzi again.

That's a fight I've wanted to see for awhile.

Will stream.

This version of jaca will get wrecked by the Chris... Jaca is done, sadly.

TOO EARLY to say, ok he got worked by the current interim champ, but it doesn't say the whole story, all most every top10 Whittaker faced lost in a fairly convincing way, only Romero gave him a tough fight. The Split Decision with Romero was very close, so he is probably competitive with the elite?

But who knows some people get old over a day and the arrival of USDA and his age might be the beginning of the end of jaca?

Remember that Chris is not really some world beater either these days, so both might have declined from the high level they where on 4 years ago.

Jaca is 3-2 in his last 5

Weidman is 2-3 in his last 5

Last edited:
Just because Bobby got knucks doesn't mean Jacare is shot. He decimates Widemen

TOO EARLY to say, ok he got worked by the current interim champ, but it doesn't say the whole story. The Split Decision with Romero was very close, so he is probably competitive with the elite?

But who knows some people get old over a day and the arrival of USDA and his age might be the beginning of the end of jaca?

I think my post prior to Roberts fight is still up, look it up, I talked about jacas declined In it... Jacare has been on decline for a long time. His speed is gone, his head movement is gone. He was always flat footed, but since he was very explosive he cut the distance quite fast, .. The jaca that wrecked okami and mousasi was a top contender, now? Dude is a sitting duck, he used to have a snake type of head movement that, was kind of weird but hide his chin, that's also gone.

He based his game a lot on his athletism, his speed and explosiveness, unlike Maia, who is way more of a technician, with a. Slow methodical approach...Father Time catches with everyone, and the first thing father times takes away is speed and explosiveness, and for a fighter that bases his game a lot on those attributes, its a death sentence...

Would rather Weidman vs Rockhold.

I see Jacare winning this, surprisingly. I have grown pretty cold on Weidman lately. He looks like a shell of the guy who ran through the division.

Back