Would Bisping fight Rockhold on short notice?

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
A lot of people have pointed out that Bisping is clearly avoiding fighting meaningful contenders at MW -- seemingly ready to fight GSP in July (before GSP said he needed more time), but then becoming miraculously injured when other challengers were mentioned.

Rockhold has said he'll be ready to step in and face Bisping on Nov. 4th, even urging GSP to withdraw from 'his fight'. Given GSP's age, injury history (3 ACL surgeries), and long layoff, it's entirely possible that he might not make to UFC 217. GSP is just weeks into an intense training camp... lots of time to get injured.

So I ask: Do you guys think Bisping would face Rockhold as a short-notice replacement if GSP pulls out?

Sadly, I think Bisping might actually duck any replacement and just refuse to fight...

He already did.

And beat that ass.

Say what you want about GSP but he's never pulled out of a fight before. Rockhold was just trying to cut a cool promo.

Luke "NaCl" Rockhold, ladies and gentlemen!

Um, he already did.

Would he if GSP got injured and Rockhold offered to take his place as a short notice opponent? lol No. He won't do that with anyone, not for Luke or anyone else, he's this close to getting that GSP payday and he's not taking any chance of letting it slip away. He'd just pull out and wait for George to get better.

For the same amount of money? Sure he would.

For 300k? Then he would probably rather wait for GSP.

A lot of people have pointed out that Bisping is clearly avoiding fighting meaningful contenders at MW -- seemingly ready to fight GSP in July (before GSP said he needed more time), but then becoming miraculously injured when other challengers were mentioned.

Rockhold has said he'll be ready to step in and face Bisping on Nov. 4th, even urging GSP to withdraw from 'his fight'. Given GSP's age, injury history (3 ACL surgeries), and long layoff, it's entirely possible that he might not make to UFC 217. GSP is just weeks into an intense training camp... lots of time to get injured.

So I ask: Do you guys think Bisping would face Rockhold as a short-notice replacement if GSP pulls out?

Sadly, I think Bisping might actually duck any replacement and just refuse to fight...

You do know that he faced Rockhold short notice for their rematch, right?

He did it before

There you go, TS...second post.

/thread

I'd die of laughter if GSP pulled out and Bisping refused to fight Rockhold. That shit would be too funny

I never seen a fighter so happy winning the belt as Micheal Bisping.
Good for him. He earned it.

Last edited:

Rockhold seriously needs to shut the fuck up.

No, because he really wants that GSP payday.

He will do anything to dodge/duck the entire MW top 10 until he gets his GSP fight.

Back