Woodley vs RDA/Lawler 2 or Douglas Lima vs Rory MacDonald?

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which upcoming WW title fight are you guys more excited for?

I'm going with Lima vs Rory. If Lima can keep it standing, he has a good chance of KOing Rory. If Rory takes it to the ground consistently, he can win. Very intriguing fight imo.

Woodley has really shit the bed in his last 2 title fights. Very boring fights with Wonderboy and Maia. I'm not excited for any upcoming WW title fights involving Woodley.

The fact that both Lima and Rory (again) would beat Woodley doesn't help.

The winner of Lima/Rory is arguably the #1 WW on the planet.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Any WW fight except Wooden (yes, Wooden) is fine with me. And I'm still completely baffled as to why UFC let Rory slip through the cracks.

Equal. RDA at WW has me fired up. I think the Eddie loss was flukey.

Which upcoming WW title fight are you guys more excited for?

I'm going with Lima vs Rory. If Lima can keep it standing, he has a good chance of KOing Rory. If Rory takes it to the ground consistently, he can win. Very intriguing fight imo.

Woodley has really shit the bed in his last 2 title fights. Very boring fights with Wonderboy and Maia. I'm not excited for any upcoming WW title fights involving Woodley.

The winner of Lima/Rory is arguably the #1 WW on the planet.

Thoughts?

RDA belongs nowhere near a title shot. Lawler will get KTFO'd and Rory is way too much for Lima. Woodley vs Rory or Wonderboy 3 (if Thompson wins) are the fights to make.

Rory can be pretty fucking boring as well.

Douglas Lima vs Rory easily. Id rather watch the two best wws in the world fight.

Any WW fight except Wooden (yes, Wooden) is fine with me. And I'm still completely baffled as to why UFC let Rory slip through the cracks.

This. Rory is actually exciting to watch, doesn't cause drama, and is key to the Canadian market. I'll never understand it.

Lima vs MacDonald is a higher level fight in terms of skill.

I might be in the minority but Rory has had some pretty boring fights.

RDA belongs nowhere near a title shot. Lawler will get KTFO'd and Rory is way too much for Lima. Woodley vs Rory or Wonderboy 3 (if Thompson wins) are the fights to make.
Thompson needs at least 2 more wins if not 3 before another TS.

I'd rather watch Rory fight than Woodley any day.

Both Lima and Rory would kick Woodley's ass so yeah, their fight over the inferior product any day.

Also, I think koreshkov beats Rory, but lima loses.

I disagree. He's clearly the 2nd best WW out there.
Doesn't matter. He's already tried twice and shit the bed twice because he didn't want to fight.

I'd rather see RDA get a shot then WB in the near future and I don't think RDA has earned a shot himself. I think his next fight should be against Lawler.

Truth is all the major contenders at WW have already been wiped out by Woodley. Lawler, Maia and Thompson.

The other elite fighter at 170 is Condit but not only is he on sabbatical he's already lost to Woodley but the UFC has given title shots to less deserving candidates but I wouldn't be against Condit fighting a 5 rounder against Woodley.

If Gastelum wanted to he could make immediate noise in the division.

Woodley vs RDA could be interesting, just because RDA would make it interesting. Woodley is so damn boring.

Agreed. I'm taking bellators title fight. Fresh names and fresh matchup. Both have their keys to victory. Lima has brutal power and nasty low kicks.

Rory is more completely. fight is taking place close to where I live. Might attend this live.

Same here. I have to think the WME relized the benifit of healthly competition because it seems like a huge mistake letting Rory, Gegard, and even Ryan go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back