For people who say that Perry has a bad chin

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Eating head kicks and punches from Danny Roberts and not even flinching

Plus his recovery is amazing (similar to Frankie Edgar)

<JonesDXSuckIt><36>

He has an average chin, he gets stunned a lot. When I think good chin I think someone who eats big shots without any noticible damage like condit for example or prime Henderson etc

He has an average chin, he gets stunned a lot. When I think good chin I think someone who eats big shots without any noticible damage like condit for example or prime Henderson etc
Alvarez gets stunned and dropped a lot too

Didn't stop him from becoming a champ in many organizations

He's a lot like his chin: not terrible, just nothing to write home about.

That's not a chin. This is a chin:

b08d08bce16f5f24695605d8a589e556--roy-nelson-knee-surgery.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

MIR_0086.jpg

098_Fabricio_Werdum_vs_Roy_Nelson_gallery_post.jpg

093_Fabricio_Werdum_vs_Roy_Nelson_gallery_post_crop_exact.jpg

dos-santos_vs_roy-nelson_ufc117.jpg

derrick-lewis-roy-nelson-ufc-fight-night-901.jpg

joshbarnett5.jpg

All decisions. 3-5 rounds of HW PUNISHMENT. The hardest punches, knees, kicks.

No slurred speech, no obvious brain damage, no nothing.

GOAT CHIN !!!!!

This is the only time he got stopped and he got back up immediately... on his own ...

Just an amazing human

Alvarez gets stunned and dropped a lot too

Didn't stop him from becoming a champ in many organizations
I think these comparisons are kinda cute.

But a good recovery is not what made Alvarez a champ. In the UFC he basically became a champ due to generous judges, excellent timing and a horrible night for RDA.

It would need similar circumstances for Perry to reach the gold imo.

Last edited:
It really is amazing when you compare the lack of thing Mike Perry actually does or says vs. the amount of threads posted daily about him.

perry jesus.jpg

Well let's put that chin to the test. Condit is coming back i would like to see Perry vs. Condit. It would be good to see where Condit is at cause Perry will test him for sure.

Perry hasn't been hit cleanly enough to determine how good his chin is or not. Getting dropped briefly by Jouban is hardly an indication of anything, anyone can get temporarily floored by the right punch. Nate Diaz is notorious for his nearly indomitable chin, and yet he's been briefly dropped by people himself (Melvin Gillard dropped him with the first punch he landed, and it didn't even look all that hard.)

The issue with Perry is that he sees to be a guy with an average to maybe above average chin who fights like a guy with a granite chin. That's gonna be a problem when he steps up in level of competition.

His chin isn’t platinum grade though

Well let's put that chin to the test. Condit is coming back i would like to see Perry vs. Condit. It would be good to see where Condit is at cause Perry will test him for sure.

Good call....If Condit is still what he was...I see him shredding Tin Foil Perry

I've never heard anyone say he has a bad chin. I mean shit he hasn't been finished yet

Yeah but Big Nog, the second best chin in MMA history looks like a dead man.

Roy is all happy n shit.

Plus Roy has taken X2 the punishment that Big Nog has.

Every UFC HW worth anything in the past 5-6 years has beaten the shit out of Nelson. All decisions except for Hunt.

And all beating were gruesome. Like constant elbows, uppercuts from hell, just clean punches and knees straight to the face.

Roy's chin should be way more legendary than it is.

It should have a hall of fame entry on it's own.

That's not a chin. This is a chin:

b08d08bce16f5f24695605d8a589e556--roy-nelson-knee-surgery.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

MIR_0086.jpg

098_Fabricio_Werdum_vs_Roy_Nelson_gallery_post.jpg

093_Fabricio_Werdum_vs_Roy_Nelson_gallery_post_crop_exact.jpg

dos-santos_vs_roy-nelson_ufc117.jpg

derrick-lewis-roy-nelson-ufc-fight-night-901.jpg

joshbarnett5.jpg

All decisions. 3-5 rounds of HW PUNISHMENT. The hardest punches, knees, kicks.

No slurred speech, no obvious brain damage, no nothing.

GOAT CHIN !!!!!

This is the only time he got stopped and he got back up immediately... on his own ...

Just an amazing human

Arlovski starched him too back in the day. Arlovski clean KO'd both Nelson and Rothwell, two of the GOAT chins. Dude hits fucking HARD.

tumblr_mejdmuyo5G1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Back