Japanese Cards Have Weird Timing

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
It starts in the morning for them. Kind of shitty for the fans there considering they're the ones paying the big bucks to attend it.

Meanwhile, European cards seem to favor local timing for the event.

Time zones, how do they work?

it's this Friday night right?

That is weird. But I can roll with it.

Most mma events there start early afternoon. It's only a few hours difference. If I was a fighter, I'd rather fight in the mornings, anyway.

Reading comprehension, how does it work?

Japan is 7 hours ahead of Europe. If you schedule a Europe card to start in evening hours in Europe, North America (UFC's largest market) can watch it on Saturday afternoon.

If you schedule a Japan card to start in the local evening hours, North Americans would have to watch it before the sun come up.

What do you think the UFC cares more about catering to, the 30,000 people at the arena, or the millions watching at home?

Bisping vs Hendo started about 11pm and the title fight was 5 or 6 am so the Japanese have it easy.

"Japanese cards have weird...." could be the beginning of countless topics

It starts in the morning for them. Kind of shitty for the fans there considering they're the ones paying the big bucks to attend it.

More people here will watch it than in Japan.

thats why both Bisping and Gustaffson had to fight at like 5 in the morning

Euro cards only tend to start at local time if they are fightpass (although theres been odd one that is targetted at afternoon in the US)

i'd rather go to a card during the day as well. do that during the day, then party at night. sounds like fun to me.

Time zones, how do they work?

Reading comprehension, how does it work?

magnets-how-do-they-work.gif

They’ve done it in Sweden and Uk too.its usually to cater for the u.s audience. They know fans will still buy tickets . Bisping fight vs hendo, I believe they made their walks to the octagon at almost 5 am uk time

Back