We've seen a Platinum Perry before....

nick a

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
PP is a blast to watch. Hell of a character who packs thunderous power in his hands and sports a granite chin. While I'm a huge fan and hope he keeps his streak alive I cant help but feel like this is all to similar to another hype loaded world beater named Houston Alexander. Back when Houston burst on the scene in the UFC I remember threads talking about he'll be the next champ and he'd smoke Fedor blah, blah, blah. I can't help but think that PP will soon run into a fighter that will shut him down from top to bottom and once he starts to lose it'll steam roll him right out to bellator or wsof. Hopefully my prediction is 100% off cause if there is one thing the UFC needs is fighters with star power and god knows they are few and far between.

Stop yabbering nonsense

Houston wasn't nearly as black, explosive and fast as PMP.

I don't see it.
Houston Alexander wasn't unbeaten coming into the UFC and managed just 2 wins before losing in the UFC too.
Perry is a far more skilled fighter.

I agree that Houston's streak didn't last near aslong but it feels all to similar to me.

They're both jacked black dudes, but I'd say the similarities stop there...Platinum is much more well-rounded and already has double the # of KO's that Alexander had in the UFC...and Alexander was much older than Perry when he debuted in the UFC...

Houston Alexander will always have a place in my heart for sending Jardine into orbit

2zsoexi.gif

and he's cool on twitter...but Mike Perry is for real!

The guy hits hard but he hasn't fought anybody. A lot of guys hit hard when they're fighting bums. We'll see how he does when he fights a real world beater. The hype is annoying right now because it's completely unfounded. He just hasn't fought anybody.

I thought you were going to say Erick Silva, but atleast Erick is still young enough and has a bright future if he tweeks some things.

Perry is a mediocre fighter he hits hard that's all he got.
The dude lost to jouban who is not even top 20, he ko some random dude on his las fight and sherdogers believe all the non sense hype.
Give him masdival so he can derail that hype train for good.

Back