Tito Ortiz and pride.

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Does anybody think Tito would have done much better in that organization. Just because of his wrestling ability. And just being the bigger man.

I could honestly see him taking many of the top contenders in that organization to the mat and just winning decisions with top control and ground and pound.
Let's be honest he already did that to wand and it would have been a terrible matchup for a an young in his career Shogun. And can probably do the same thing to Rampage.

Anyways I find this kind of ironic most of the top contenders in pride would have iced chunk. Can you imagine what Igor would of done to him...

Double edged sword, his biggest weapons in the UFC elbows which would prohibited in Pride but he would have knees which I think he would have been more successful granted he can get to side mouth or half guard. Tito would have been the American version of Ricardo Arona in Pride, but if he started his career under Pride rules he would have been a monster imo. GSP is the only one I think would be able to successfully adapt to the rules of Pride since he focuses more on punching to pass guard.

Edit: Shogun would have messed Tito up, people like to say his TDD is horrible, but it only looked horrible because his knees was already shot during his UFC run. His TDD was actually good as he defended enough to get his opponents to open up for soccer kicks and stomps.

Last edited:
He just went there to kiss the goat.

Sakurabakiss.gif

He got triggered when he was confronted by 2 apparent PED users or as Tito calls them "drug addicts".

5694929_stephan-bonnar-and-tito-ortiz-cut-ridiculous_t737e98b4.gif

Tito would be triggered if he went to Pride and saw so many PED users.

Nah, no elbows on the ground takes away his best weapon and he get carded and stood up if he was just trying to win with top control. Fighting in a ring would also make his wrestling less effective.

He would get fucked up. Wanderlei would have fared better in the ring, Hendo, Overeem, Shogun, Arona, Rampage all would have handled him, and Sakuraba would have tapped him.

Double edged sword, his biggest weapons in the UFC elbows which would prohibited in Pride but he would have knees which I think he would have been more successful granted he can get to side mouth or half guard. Tito would have been the American version of Ricardo Arona in Pride, but if he started his career under Pride rules he would have been a monster imo. GSP is the only one I think would be able to successfully adapt to the rules of Pride since he focuses more on punching to pass guard.

Edit: Shogun would have messed Tito up, people like to say his TDD is horrible, but it only looked horrible because his knees was already shot during his UFC run. His TDD was actually good as he defended enough to get his opponents to open up for soccer kicks and stomps.
Did you see what babalu did to Shogun?

Nah, no elbows on the ground takes away his best weapon and he get carded and stood up if he was just trying to win with top control. Fighting in a ring would also make his wrestling less effective.
You also have to remember he will get these keens to the head of a grounded opponent. How many people could get out of that position underneath Tito

Tito with north south position knees to the head would be Pride champ!

He would get fucked up. Wanderlei would have fared better in the ring, Hendo, Overeem, Shogun, Arona, Rampage all would have handled him, and Sakuraba would have tapped him.
What the f*** are you smoking kid what did Overeem ever do in Pride people used to make fun of the UFC because Chuck got dropped by Overeem... Because at the time he was the guy that they put against stars to get knocked the hell out.

Statement number two Wanderlei Silva has no takedown defense. He didn't have it when he had the Tito fight he didn't have it now in the Chael fight now.

Shogun had extreme difficulty with ancient Mark Coleman and has had trouble against every wrestler he's ever had a fight with. Rampage has the best shot but there training Partners at the time and would not fight each other.
Sakuraba have been beaten into Oblivion .

Honestly though even Wanderlei did I think evolve after the Tito loss. In that fight he was still fighting in the old Vale Tudo bumrush mode but by the time of his Pride title run he's become rather more canny timing his offence meaning Tito wouldn't have had as easy takedown openings.

Look at the Arona fights for example, the second especially Wanderlei shuts down a lot of his takedown attempts. Just because an aged Silva can be taken down easily by Sonnen doesn't mean it would always have been the case.

Plus of course in Pride there are no elbows and much faster standups for Tito style LnP.

205 talent was better in PRIDE. no cage would have really hurt Tito's game.

I think Tito would have been a popular fighter who won some, lost some. Very match up dependent. Overall, he would not have done as well as he did in the UFC. People gotta remember - they call that the UFC "Dark Ages" for the reason. And it wasn't because the UFC had the best talent at the time.

Of course, Ken & Tito would have found a way to have bad blood in Japan and fought each other a bunch of times with the same result

Tito lost in the pride department when he married a prostitute.

pride is lucky tito was never there

wed have a 5 time gp winner

Back