IDEAL HW WEIGHT

mjcmma

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Pondering the sport of MMA like I sometimes do, I started idly wondering recently about this topic. HW as we all know is the one division where there is the potential for a significant discrepancy in the weight and size of the two combatants. History has shown us that 265lbs does not necessarily equate to success. I know the issue of body type etc is part of the answer but I knew that I was keen to hear the views of the MMA knowledge base on this topic.......

Pondering the sport of MMA like I sometimes do, I started idly wondering recently about this topic. HW as we all know is the one division where there is the potential for a significant discrepancy in the weight and size of the two combatants. History has shown us that 265lbs does not necessarily equate to success. I know the issue of body type etc is part of the answer but I knew that I was keen to hear the views of the MMA knowledge base on this topic.......
fabricio-werdum-time-troll-face-travis-browne.gif

2dhbcdt.jpg

Probably one of the least skilled fighters became champ only because of his body type.

I think once the UFC gets more money into it, 265 lbs will be the standard. Massive NFL DE type guys would be ideal like JJ Watt.

220 to 240.

Not too heavy, won't be overpowered easily.

With the exception of "genetic freaks" if that's what you want to call it ;)

I think once the UFC gets more money into it, 265 lbs will be the standard. Massive NFL DE type guys would be ideal like JJ Watt.
Never gonna happen lol those fools have options, the world is at your feet when you have a 265 + frame

285 with cardio would be the most physical advantage without having to cut too much weight

impossible to know as they have a cap on HW in UFC which is just ridiculous, the only combat sport that has a cap on HW. they should be able to weigh what they want over 206, just like boxing and kickboxing and other combat sports.

245 - 255 lbs in shape, no fat, good cardio

6'2 till max 6'5

<{imoyeah}>

2dhbcdt.jpg

Probably one of the least skilled fighters became champ only because of his body type.

He was a very skilled grappler overall I would say he is a top 3 grappler in HW when he was competing.

Also he was bigger the the scale 280-290 range imo.

Back