Is Jake Shields a Journeyman?

He's in my top 25 greatest of all Time list.

Journeyman...... Smh

He might be now after some rough patches but the guy is/was legit.

Wins over:

Hendo
Robbie
Condit
Woodley
Maia
Okami
Daley
Menne
Kampmann
And Mayhem

That’s a top 5 all time great at 170, no way.

If you're purely looking at his record in recent years you'd be forgiven for assuming that.

But no, in my eyes a journeyman is a guy who was up & down throughout his whole career and Jake was far from that. In fact he should be considered a real great of the sport.

journeyman? wtf is wrong with you?

2JSSub-750x422.jpg

Not exactly a screaming style, but still probably the most underrated fighter ever

Even at this stage, presumably nearing the end of his career, I'd still say that he's better than journeyman level

100 percent journeyman just like the rest of his team

No, his standup is one of the best in his division. I think he would do well if he tried boxing.

if you mean now then maybe you could call him a high level journeyman. But he was a great fighter in his prime.

What u guys say? He has some great wins though.

Wat?

Dude has one of the greatest win streaks ever.

Top 5 WW of all time.

Top 10 MW of all time.

Top 30 fighter of all time.

If that's a journeyman, sure.

all time top 5 ww
Wat?

Dude has one of the greatest win streaks ever.

Top 5 WW of all time.

Top 10 MW of all time.

Top 30 fighter of all time.

If that's a journeyman, sure.
Pretty much anyone except current champs to this site are journeymen. Especially since he never had a ufc championship. But his strength of schedule definitely speaks for itself. Top 5 ww all time easy.

No he's a contender who could have won the belt once GSP vacated that is a victim of having a dominant but not casual friendly fight style.

Dude has wins over a retarded amount of ELITE fighters, is top 5 all time as a WW, and a former world champion.

Dude beat up a roided out prime Hendo. That's some crazy shit right there, and that's not even his best win.

Depends on what you consider a journeyman and what level you are comparing it to.Top level like UFC or just in mma in general?He's not a journeyman in either imo,that's kind of silly but we are on Sherdog where everyone sucks unless they are amazing (then they suck when they lose)

Back